Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

OOT welcome bag stuff

Ok so FI and I are trying to come up with a few (keep low budget in mind) things to put in welcome bags for the OOT guests taking advantage of the hotel block. We are trying to keep in Pittsburgh related and like I said on the cheaper side of life.

So far we have some up with:

-Clark Bars
-Heinz Pickle Pins
-Museum Info (like pamphlets for Carnegie and the Warhol etc.)
-A map of the city
-Suggestions like the incline
-Can on Delmonte Peaches (ok that's just a joke ;p)

Ok so any help here would be awesome!

Off to AW out some other WR things that have been happening since I have been MIA lately. TIA you ladies rock!!
image.

Re: OOT welcome bag stuff

• edited December 2011
    We are doing similiar stuff.  We are also doing waterbottles with labels, hershey kisses with our names, and crab chips since FI is from maryland.  I would say you should just add something to drink and you'll be good.  Maybe some mints or gum as well.  You could totally get those mini cans of peaches from Sam's Club with the pop tops-that would be fabulous! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A bottle of water is a good idea.

My FI is being hilarious saying we should throw some chipped ham in there also maybe an Uncle Charley's Sausage. Not in any packaging just throw some meat in a bag. lol
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to  a few wedding with advil in the mini packets in their OOT bags....I think you can get them at sam;s or costco!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about those tiny little bottles of Heinz ketchup and mustard?

Also, a map of the city or some brochures of area attractions (I think there's a way to get them for free somewhere??)

I love getting breakfast bars or granola in an OOT bag, too- a healthy-ish option is always good

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I think Molly and maybe some of the other girls did Pittsburgh Popcorn?  Maybe that was for favors, actually, but it would be a nice treat in OOT bags too.

Vacation
  • kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen is right there is a way to get the brochures and map free.  Its called PLAY and they can send you a sample from visit pittsburgh's website.  I have been in contact with the person in charge of their special events packages.  They are coming out with their May - August edition now.  You can get whatever amount for free you just either would have to pick them up from their office or pay the shipping & handling costs.  If you want the woman's email I can give it to you!
  • edited December 2011
    kime- I would like the woman's address if you have it please
  • edited December 2011
    This isn't Pgh-related, but I think a welcome letter from the bride and groom is a nice thing to include, if you're not already doing so.
  • katelynsandonkatelynsandon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a thank you note tied with a ribbon on the outside of each bag, brochures, water bottles, small bag of chips, individual wrapped cookies, hershey kisses, mini playing cards, local brochures on attractions and directions to our ceremony site from the hotel along with a reminder on the time the ceremony starts....If my guests are like me they sometimes forget the invitation!

Check out Oriental Trading Company they have great quality inexpensive bags and other trinkets, like playing cards.

Sorry - I am not from Pittsburgh, so I have no 'local' ideas from that area!
    The future Mrs. Darling
  • katelynsandonkatelynsandon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops sorry I just saw this was connected to a local board for Pittsburgh - no idea how I found this I am from the Quad Cities.... Sorry!
    The future Mrs. Darling
  • edited December 2011
    Elisha-- Gum is cheap and great to include!

Summer-- I also did crab chips because Eddie is from MD. I still have about 25 baggies of them, sigh...

The people to contact for maps and brochures for things to do in Pgh is VisitPittsburgh. You can get as many as you want as long as you pick them up. You can contact them online as well. www.visitpittsburgh.com

Also, I still have about 20 reusable tote bags that say "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" on them with the Mister Rogers trolley on them. They are white with red ink. I used them for my OOT bags. If you want them, let me know.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    if you want to steal some ideas, you might want to look at Baskets of Pittsburgh (i'm sure they have a site) - we've gotten a few for people and what they include is always great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kime, could I please have the woman's contact info from PLAY too?

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards