Snarky Brides

Happy Thursday!

Good morning ladies!

How's your Thursday so far?

I'm the only one here with my 2 male bosses today. It should be nice and boring.

Atticus and I went the alumni party at PetSmart last night, we had date night ;) He had a great time, there was at least 20 dogs there, talk about mayhem.

One more day and I get to sleep in!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Happy Thursday!

• edited September 2012
    Morning!

So, I just found out that I will be going to Denver on a business trip in November.  Guys, I don't know how to pack for a business trip.  Please give me some tips.  It's for an entire week and I can only have a carry-on.  I don't even own a carry-on sized bag because I knew I'd never be able to travel with just a carry on.  And it's going to be freezing I'm sure so I'll need to pack a coat which will essentially take up the entire bag.  How stupid is this?  Like really?  I'm getting to go to this conference and my biggest concern is how to pack lol.  I sound ridiculous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You never sound ridiculous, but I dont think I would be able to pack for a week with just a carry-on.

I know you're in FL, but I'd find a way to wear the coat on board rather than pack it. I know there is a Pin with tips from a flight attendant. Not sure if I repinned it or not, let me check.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-thursday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:918a63c5-507e-4a21-8597-c85879ae9135Post:09d4342f-a925-4c1c-8a14-dba6ebc30707">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! So, I just found out that I will be going to Denver on a business trip in November.  Guys, I don't know how to pack for a business trip.  Please give me some tips.  It's for an entire week and I can only have a carry-on.  I don't even own a carry-on sized bag because I knew I'd never be able to travel with just a carry on.  And it's going to be freezing I'm sure so I'll need to pack a coat which will essentially take up the entire bag.  How stupid is this?  Like really?  I'm getting to go to this conference and my biggest concern is how to pack lol.  I sound ridiculous.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Wear the coat on the plane!  Also, just pack 1-2 pair of pants and a few shirts.  Honestly, if you wear a shirt twice in one week, I don't think anyone will notice...I can't even remember what I wore yesterday!!  You can do it :)

Hope everyone has a good morning - mine is going to be miserable because it's month-end/quarter-end and we have to do a crap-ton of reporting!  I'm so excited to have some fun this weekend at the football game.  AND tomorrow is our 1 year "engagaversary" - I can't believe it's already been a year since he proposed!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds great, Shay!  It might not be too cold yet in November.  Oh, wait, you're from Florida.  Wear you coat, and stick to layers and basics.  Your hotel might also have laundry facilities, so you could wash clothes midway through the week.  I would take my black and grey dress pants, one pair of black shoes to wear with both, and some tank tops with button-down shirts over them.  Add a sweater  or two and you're there!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes like they said wear the coat and bring say black pants and grey pants with black shoes or brown and khaki with brown shoes and then find enough tops to match. I'm feeling frustrated today because I had a setback on my job search yesterday. My best lead turned out to have a lot of issues. Maybe it will still work out but it sounds a lot less promising.
  • Oh, and Good Morning!

We got back last night from our last camping trip of the year.  It was below freezing at night, and snowed on one of our hikes.  It was fun, but I'm ready to pack up the gear for a while.

And just for you, kd and jcb, behold The Throne.  We pee in the woods, but it's klassy - it has a real toilet seat and paper holder and everything.  (We dig a pit underneath it, then fill it in when we leave).

• Sorry TLC- Job hunting sucks, especially when you think you have an in. Good Luck.

Shay maybe bring some tights as well, that way you are warm without being bullky.
  • Les, that's what my brother has up north too.  But his is completely enclosed.  KD - you no like the idea of going in the great outdoors? ;)

And good morning.  So quiet here :(

I had a patient ask me out last night.  I didn't make a big deal out of it because if he were kidding around, I'd feel like a fool.  It was just bizarre.  I never know what to do in these situations....not like it happens very often.
  • That's a bit awkward, Marrin.  You couldn't date a patient even if you wanted to, right?

The tent doors on the Throne close, so it's totally private.  Although we try to situate it so we don't necessarily have to close it up while in use.
  • Why on Earth are you only allowed a carry on for a week?  Will they just not pay for a checked bag? 

I've got to finish backing up my pc today so our IT department can upgrade it tomorrow.  I don't really need a new computer but whatever.  Is anyone else watching Parenthood this season?  That show is killing me right now. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-thursday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:918a63c5-507e-4a21-8597-c85879ae9135Post:d9de253f-d8b9-4e4d-8183-00d69ce85b9f">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a bit awkward, Marrin.  <strong>You couldn't date a patient even if you wanted to</strong>, right? The tent doors on the Throne close, so it's totally private.  Although we try to situate it so we don't necessarily have to close it up while in use.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I'm sure not Les.  When I first started at the clinic, the doc told me that a couple of male patients were interested in "the new girl" but he told them I was in a relationship.

Yep, then that's the same set up my brother has for his "throne."  I used to enjoy going up to the cabin when I was younger, but roughing it doesn't appeal to me that much anymore.
  • Thanks for the tips guys!  

Girlie, I have no idea but I think it's incredibly stupid.  I'm also concerned about my makeup.  I have no idea why, none of it's liquid but I'm paranoid they will make me throw away a gazillion dollars worth of cosmetics lol.  I'm irrational.

tlc, sorry about the job =(.  Job hunting is seriously no fun.

Marrin, that's so awkward.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You'll be ready Dot. :)
  • You'll have a great week, Dot!  So excited for you.
  • I'd be there to help if I could Dot (and also gag and hog tie some of your relatives if necessary).  Instead I'll just be thinking of you. 
  • You'll have a great wedding, dot! And all the BS with everything will have been worth it.

I could easily pack a carry-on for a week. But I'm really boring when it comes to clothes and makeup. H always packs way more than me with all this stuff he thinks he'll need and then never even touches (clothes, books, etc).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-thursday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:918a63c5-507e-4a21-8597-c85879ae9135Post:add98326-e354-4db5-a605-a78d1c0f9e85">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the tips guys!   Girlie, I have no idea but I think it's incredibly stupid.  I'm also concerned about my makeup.  I have no idea why, none of it's liquid but I'm paranoid they will make me throw away a gazillion dollars worth of cosmetics lol.  I'm irrational. tlc, sorry about the job =(.  Job hunting is seriously no fun. Marrin, that's so awkward.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Shay- I packed carry on for our Vegas trip they didnt make me take anything out of my luggage. And as long as it's not liquid I would not worrt to much.

No-I do not like pee in the woods, no matter how fancy Les tries to make it look. My idea of roughing it is not having a hot tub.

Not that I havent done it mind you, but when I hike, it's in and out not for days on end.
  • I just came back from spending all day in the woods with 42 teenagers. We studied soil and water in the morning and went geocaching in the afternoon. Mostly though, I listened to whining and excuses, " I CAN'T keep up with the group Miss. My legs hurt so bad that I want to rip one off and beat myself with it, so I don't have to walk up this hill."

You know what's awesome? I get to do it again with the other half tomorrow.

I wonder if I can convince them that geocaching is a SILENT sport. No talking of any kind allowed...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards