South Carolina-Charleston

Charleston venues on a budget

Hey everyone!
I'm looking for advice on the best places to have a wedding in Charleston on a budget. Most important to me is that it is outside with great food. I'm not sure if I'm interested in something like a plantation or a historic house, so any suggestions will be helpful. I'm pretty much ruling out hotels, because I'm not crazy about their food packages and I'm looking for something a little less formal. Thanks!

Re: Charleston venues on a budget

• edited December 2011
    I'd look into Magnolia Plantation, Cooper River Room, Founders Hall and Legare Waring House.
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some less expensive options are the Charleston Maritime Center, Old Wide Awake Plantation, The Island House, or, if you want really casual, a shelter at one of the parks (they can accomodate quite a large number of people).  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Boone Hall Cotton Dock, Alhambra Hall  and Old Santee Canal Park are all pretty budget friendly...
  • edited December 2011
    Charleston Yacht Club downtown, The Pavilion at the Pepper Plantation (not really a plantation) in Awendaw, Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant, Smythe Park on Daniel Island. Those are the ones that pop into my mind right now.

What about a country club? Wescott Country Club, Dunes West (I don't remember if they make you use their caterer), Legend Oaks... I am now drawing a blank on the rest.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Founders' Hall is pretty nice
  • julierose66julierose66 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone that responded. I'm looking into all of these options!!
  • lasalzillasalzil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Leagre Waring house! So gorgeous, and they're prices on their website which is super nice!! They are a little bit more expensive, but they do provide the chairs and reception space which is a plus. Love Alhambra Hall (and if you're a Mount Pleasant resident, or know of one, they give you a discount)! You can do the ceremony outside and reception inside over there which is nice!! Smythe Park on Daniel Island is amazing. The Ruins of the Old Sheldon Church in Beaufort is awesome! If you are interested in this look up the St. Helena Church Parish (they are in charge of this now).
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your number of guests, but the Confederate Home & College on Broad Street is a beautiful, private, outdoor and indoor space for a wedding for at best 75 guests or so.  You would have to bring in all rentals, catering, ect. but the place is a non-profit organization so your rental fee can be deducted from your taxes as a charitable donation!  We are having just our ceremony there in the garden under a huge oak tree with 30 guests, and then doing the reception around the corner at McCrady's.
  • Curious where you ended up getting married.  I'm just starting to plan and am looking for a place similar to what you explained...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards