January 2012 Weddings

Need to rant to someone that isn't my H or mom

I am really unhappy with my next student teaching placement. It it pretty much the same thing that I have already done. I am disappointed that my school isn't giving me a variety of placements. I seem to be getting the exact same thing everytime. I am torn whether to complain or not, but I don't want to tempt fate and end up with a horrible placement, even though I could not complain, and this placement could be horrible. THoughts?

Re: Need to rant to someone that isn't my H or mom

• Tell me more about the school and your previous placement and the current placement they want to give you. I'll help you out! I've been there in the past.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I was in Reading for prosem, and I am in Reading again for the only el ed student teaching that I have.... I really don't think I am getting a varied experience.
  • I wouldn't think of it as complaining.  Thing about it as catching their mistake? or advocating for yourself.  Go in and ask if they had any other placements available.  Let them know that you are currerntly for reading and the next one is reading.  "I was just wondering if there was anything else that I could get experience in?"

GL!
  • I would definitely ask for another placement other than Reading. I was in Whitehall for one placement and Emaus for my second. They were very similar, but different grade levels. One was 2nd and one was 4th. They didn't put you at the same school in Reading for both placements did they??
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • As a teacher myself I understand what it is like to be in your situation. I did 80 hours of observation in kindergarten and then student teaching in kindergarten. I wish I would have had more of a variety as well because when I got my job as seventh grade english teacher, I wasn't prepared at all. I wish I would have spoken up.

If you stay in your current placement, I will say that you can substitute teach and gain more experience that way. That's what I did and it really did help. Good luck!

Oh and have you used the website ReadWriteThink.org. It's great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_need-to-rant-to-someone-that-isnt-my-h-or-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:e7101316-2d27-4572-9935-1f787b597610Post:1132e040-9670-43e1-abe9-1251317babf2">Re: Need to rant to someone that isn't my H or mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely ask for another placement other than Reading. I was in Whitehall for one placement and Emaus for my second. They were very similar, but different grade levels. One was 2nd and one was 4th. They didn't put you at the same school in Reading for both placements did they??
    Posted by MeganNN12[/QUOTE]

No, fortunately. I am at different ends of the city. I just don't know how much I want to tempt fate.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_need-to-rant-to-someone-that-isnt-my-h-or-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:e7101316-2d27-4572-9935-1f787b597610Post:19c6ce1b-4f82-4271-95ab-1cfd735fb661">Re: Need to rant to someone that isn't my H or mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]! Oh and have you used the website ReadWriteThink.org. It's great!
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]

No, but I will have to check it out. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards