Christian Weddings

So excited!!!

FI and I are getting married in 11 days! Eeeeeek! So excited. We have been living separately and FI started moving his stuff into our apartment yesterday (I'm already living at the apartment). When I walked into the closet and saw "man clothes" hanging next to mine, I had a "wow" moment for sure. I've never shared any kind of space with a man, so it was so cool to see this is really happening. I'm going to be marrying my best friend and sharing the same living space!

Also, we're going to get our marriage license this morning! I'm on cloud 9 Laughing.

What was your "wow, this is really happening" moment?

Re: So excited!!!

• I also have enjoyed taking some of my things over to FI's house and setting it up.

My wow moment was when we were unboxing things from the shower and setting them up. It made the house feel more like our home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sharing the closet is one thing I haven't gotten used to!  Sharing the dresser isn't as weird because we have our own drawers. :)

I think the "this is really happening" moment for me was when I was standing with my dad waiting to walk down the aisle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We bought our house in October before we got married in December.  Having "our" house and knowing that we were going to live there together was a wow moment.  Getting all the utilities set up was even more so.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_so-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:73a98276-25a6-49e9-9d83-ee9a3a424044Post:5bb0d9b1-0e8b-41d4-96be-becf27d47554">Re: So excited!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We bought our house in October before we got married in December.  Having "our" house and knowing that we were going to live there together was a wow moment.  Getting all the utilities set up was even more so.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Utilities! Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Gotta add FI's name :)
  • I don't remember really having a single "wow" moment.  Maybe getting the marriage license, or getting ready the day of the wedding.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • The closet was a "wow" moment for me too! We're at the two-week mark today and I keep thinking, Holy Smokes! It's finally happening! 

I "moved in" this weekend and will be staying overnight at a friends but living at the house during the day and it's starting to feel SO much like our place! Too bad FI still has a roommate there that needs to GO before I can't take it anymore! haha
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment

So exciting! I can't wait for that:)

I've had a few moments...making our invitations was one.  and yesterday when I looked at my calender and realized there's only 5 months to go.  we are planning to get approved for a mortgage next month and will begin house hunting. i know that once we buy our home together i will have another moment:)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_so-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:73a98276-25a6-49e9-9d83-ee9a3a424044Post:484193b8-8c18-4fe6-876b-38cc5bbdbbde">Re: So excited!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The closet was a "wow" moment for me too! We're at the two-week mark today and I keep thinking, Holy Smokes! It's finally happening!  I "moved in" this weekend and will be staying overnight at a friends but living at the house during the day and it's starting to feel SO much like our place! Too bad FI still has a roommate there that needs to GO before I can't take it anymore! haha
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I'd be kickin that roomie out asap :)
  • Exciting!

There's not really a wow, this is really happening moment for me because it's not really happening yet. The biggest thing so far has been getting my passport. And Ryan is employed, which was huge.. but we've not saved enough up to make any purchases. Don't have my dress. Don't have a for sure date. Etc.

Sigh.

But it will happen. And Ryan found out about the incentives he could earn at work and is excited that if he can get some, we can get married earlier than he was thinking (which is when I was already thinking, lol). But that is good.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Glad you are super excited! I don't think I had such a moment. I think I was too stressed with wedding planning, and I was long distance from my husband at the time. We were also engaged 14 months, so I had a long time to get used to the idea!
  • I didn't have a "Wow" moment until after we got all our stuff into the apartment after the HM. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards