North Carolina
Options

wedding dress shopping in Charlotte

J Major's  versus Mecklenburg Bridal. Anybody have any thoughts? I live in NYC and I'm going home to gown shop. Thanks!

Re: wedding dress shopping in Charlotte

• Options
    eshevenelleshevenell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at J Majors, but I actually didn't go to Mecklenburg Bridal.  All I can comment on is this - I LOVED my experience at J Majors.  They are friendly, helpful, and went above and beyond to make the experience pleasant for me.   The owner of J Majors also operates a boutique in Matthews, NC called EG Couture.  They sell their sample gowns there, some consignment gowns, and have a few designer lines.  It's also great.  My only experience with Mecklenburg Bridal was when I called in to make an appointment and I found them rude and brief.  Not sure what your budget is, but NY Bride and Groom also has a big selection.  I highly recommend J Majors, for sure!

Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! That's great advice and I really appreciate it! I was hesitant on going to Meck. Bridal.  I live in NYC where people are rude enough already- so no need for that from Meck Bridal! Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to check out Poffie Girls in Gastonia, I had a great experience there.
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Meck Bridal Mart--I believe this is the same place.  They charge a dumb fee $20 to LOOK at bridal dresses.  I was not about to pay it not that $20 is that much but on principal..you do get it back when you purchase a dress.  The lady was like I can give you books to look at and I said "No thanks, I've been looking online and at books its time to look at the real things" and left.  Also, there is a photography studio running out of the middle of the salon.
    Not a fan!
    My friend was with me and her 2 daughters..their was a sign saying no strollers/kids or something like that but we took the stroller in anyways and no one said anything to us.  We did look at bridesmaid dresses and didn't find anything.
    HTHs
  • Options
    SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from NY Bride after a reccommendation from a friend.  It was a great experience...they have a large selection and they are as attentive as you would like for them to be.  It was wonderful...I got my Maggie Sottero there...reasonably priced. Love it!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered our BM dresses from JMajors. Wonderful experience.  The only thing is they don't have a huge selection to look at in the store.  But they are incredibly nice and I love the store.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody. This has been so helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to look at Meck. bridal.  They were very nice to me, but when they told me I had to pay $20 to try on dresses, I just told them I was already a budget bride and couldn't afford to give someone money to try on a dress.  I can't believe they charge you to try on a dress!  But they do have gorgeous gowns and were very friendly to me.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like everyone has already covered it, but I LOVED my experience at J Majors. They were awesome, and we also bought bridesmaid's dresses there because of the discount they offer, and their awesomeness. The only little thing I have an issue with was some miscommunication with the seamstress they use about my dress- which led to me almost taking my dress elsewhere to be altered (fortunately all is straightened out now, and it was more the alterations people's fault anyway.)

Yay dress shopping!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine came from DarLynns- ask for Malorie, she was a doll!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prisg214prisg214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out my bridal loft in Concord. It's by appointment only, very relaxed atmosphere and wine is even served. We sell top of the line dresses very very reasonable. I'm the only consultant there and I will cater to you every step of the way. The whole place shuts down the whole time you're in there so no need to compete for attention since only you and your friends and family are in the whole store!! We're having a great sale now where $200 off the already low price! Check out the website! Hope to meet you have find you your perfect dress!! www.jilliansbride.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards