New York-Western

Tasting Reviews: Glenora- food (Seneca Lake) and Club 86- cake (Geneva)

We did our tastings this weekend:

Club 86 Bagels and Cakes, Lori Legott
We met with Lori, not really knowing what we wanted for a cake and almost feeling skeptical that her business might be a little "too good to be true" because her price was drastically lower than any other quote we had received.
$2.55 a slice with a minial delivery fee- unheard of!!!

We were greeted with a few slices of the most amazing white cake w/ strawberry filling.  It was so light and had the perfect "strawberry shortcake" flavor, while still looking very elegant.  I was in love.
She showed us hundreds of pictures of her beautiful cakes... she is the real deal!
Together we designed a cake that I just know will be beautiful and fabulous and everything we are hoping for.  I have the utmost confidence in her and just can't wait to eat some more of her yummy cakes.

Glenora:
The tasting at Glenora was fabulous.  I am so so SO happy with our decision and this just set it in stone even more.
As soon as we showed up (kevin, my most awesome and brutally honest BM Allison and I), they gave us a glass of champagne and a quick tour.  We know the place well, but I still love the tour... they really treat us like royalty.
Sherry (wedding coordinator) answered all of my questions and I really felt (at least for one day) like my wedding is just on cruise control.  It was a beautiful thing.
Oh- and the food- oh my gosh... absolutely amazing.  We are just thrilled and can't wait to see it all come together.

For our apps, we chose-
Bruschetta, Risotto Truffles
Coconut Crusted Shrimp, Bacon Wrapped Scallops (these were PERFECTION, btw... I am very picky about bacon wrapped anything... it is so easy to have mushy bacon)
steak skewers w/ marsala wine sauce
Meal:
Lemon Caper Chicken, Garlic Crusted Salmon
Bowtie Penne, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Grilled Seasonal Vegetables

Everything (even the options we didn't select for the wedding) was fabulous!!!  One of the best parts was after our tasting, the chef came to sit with us and discuss the meal... he was very personable and open to suggestions/changes (which I was very surprised about)... a little more of this spice, a little less of that sauce.  They were very determined to give us exactly what we wanted. 

Then, after the tasting, we hit up a whole bunch of the wineries around Seneca Lake.  It was the perfect day!!! 

Review:
Glenora:  --  pricey, but they definitely delivered.  We are paying $38/pp for the buffet and, to be honest, I was a little blown away by the price, but after the tasting I do now feel that we will be treating our guests to an amazing $38 meal (as opposed to an overpriced wedding buffet).
Club 86:  A+ -- the price is just great!!!  And the cake was exactly the type of light, air-y deliciousness we were looking for (not big on the fondant covered heavy cakes... esp b/c this is a May wedding)

Hope my reviews help anyone who is still in the decision making stage. 
I will definitely post more after the wedding.
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Tasting Reviews: Glenora- food (Seneca Lake) and Club 86- cake (Geneva)

• edited December 2011
    Great to hear the positive Club 86 review! That is on my short list of bakeries to try for my September 2012 wedding. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the prices are unreal.
  • edited December 2011
    Chelsea- I am glad you are looking into them. 
    One negative I can tell you (forgot to add in my review) is that she is not the best at promptly returning emails or calls (which drives me bonkers!!!) but she does get back to you... eventually... and from other brides timeliness was never an issue on the day of... just not the greatest with communication. 
    Just so ya know...
    Other than that, though, we couldn't be happier!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards