Indiana
Options

Northwest In Reception sites

Hi. 
We are researching wedding venues sites that we can bring in our own caterer.  My son & daughter in law to be are getting married in May of 2011 and the wedding is in Hobart at Deep River Park (outside).  Looking for reception sites in the Valpo, Hobart, Merrillville, or surrounding areas.  We are expeceting 150 - 200 guests.  Something other than the VFW if you know what I mean.  Mainly looking at halls, would even consider venue sites that are non traditional such as a beach front cabin or home rental for the reception.  Nothing terribly expensive.  We need something very budget friendly.  Almost every hall we have called on has their own list of caterers that we must use.  We have a family friend who will do the catering for us.  So now we just have to locate the "reception where."  Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.

Re: Northwest In Reception sites

• Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Portage Marina lets you bring in outside food....as well as the Portage Yacht Club.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amylynn121amylynn121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Halls of St. Matthias in crown point. $450 seats 300 lets you bring in your own caterer. I have not seen the hall yet though. 
    Barn at county line orchard (look at the pictures online before you judge it because its a barn, it looks gorgeous!)
    Crown Point Courthouse. $500 seats 200 I think. 

I will check in my file to see if I can find anything else. We had a really hard time finding a place and we did end up with the VFW in Lowell but it looks better inside then any of the other VFWs, American legions and Knights of columbus that we looked at. 

Oh also, if you aren't planning to have dancing, the Conference ground in Cedar lake will let you cater in. Im not sure how many it seats, but I think its a lot. 
    http://www.cedarlakeministries.org/    my sister had her reception here. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chrissyjakechrissyjake member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Courthouse in Crown Point.

http://www.cpcourthouse.com/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your reply's.  Still looking.
  • Options
    AwesomeNiksAwesomeNiks member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking into the same thing for June. Right now, I'm considering the Crown Point Courthouse. Let me know what you find :D

What caterer are you looking into? I'm looking for a great catererer too.

.........I heard of A Plus Catering in Griffith, and right now, they're offering a booking incentive of free wait staff, linens, china, and grauity. It's only $13.50 per person (or you can get a smaller amount of food for $10.50 a person)

It includes family style or buffet style.

It sounds like an amazing deal, but I can't find any online reviews. I was wondering if anyone has heard of them?

They're offering a free tasting too. I'm just hesistant, because since I haven't found any reviews, I don't want them to go out of business by my wedding next summer, because I will be out of the $500 down payment....

So I'm not sure if I want to go with them or not?

Do you have any good ones you've heard of?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey AwesomeNiks 
    I read your post today and I called the Halls of Justice  (old courthouse in Lake Co.) They have changed their policy for allowing in outside caterers.  I am so bummed.  They have had two bad catering experiences so they have changed their policy.  You must use the Atrium Catering.  I was really hopeful.  I talked with the lady in charge late today and that is what she told me.  What city do you want to be in?  I have researched several halls.  If you want some of my information about the halls I have researched, just let me know. 
  • Options
    Hi! Can you give me a listing of what you found that allows outside catering in NWI? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards