California-Orange County
Options

Budget 5k ..venue advice!

Hi to everyone!
I'm looking for a wedding venue for 25 guests.
Our budget is 5k and it has to include:
-cerimony
- location Fees
- food

All the venue I contact require a VERY high location fee (2k and higher). 
Do you have some advice?

I like the idea to getting married in a state Park but there is a no-alchol policy :( 

Re: Budget 5k ..venue advice!

• Options
    Where have you contacted? What kind of locations are you looking at? You can contact parks in the cities that you are looking at. Most are low cost and some allow alcohol.

• Options
    Check your community centers, many of them are inexpesive and then you can have your favorite restaurant bring in a meal.
  • Options
    Thank your, we're looking for some venue "near" Yorba Linda (maximum 2h far from it).
    But right now we're going to exceed the budget! 
  • Options
    For that amount of people you should be fine for under $5K for ceremony, food and location fees. I got married on a golf course in Costa Mesa. Outdoor ceremony on the chipping green so it had that outdoor wedding feel and then we move inside for the party.

What places have you looked into already?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My recommendation - after several weeks of scouring the internet - look into the Brea Community Center (they have an Art Garden that can hold a ceremony, and a cute little Community Hall with a patio that you can rent out for a reception), and Diamond Bar Center (it has a Wedding Oval outside for ceremonies and has some cute trails and streams, and a banquet hall to rent for receptions). At both of these locations, their costs are fairly low and you can serve alcohol as long as there is a security guard there for the duration of the time it's being served (and clean-up) time - I looked into both of these places and the costs should be fairly low for your party. You can also bring in outside caterers and make use of their catering kitchens. I would also highly recommend getting in touch with Summit Events Catering (Pamela Aki is amazing). They are extremely willing to work within your budget and provide everything from food and beverages to rental items (tables, linens, etc.). Another cheap option for food would be to go to Costco and just get a few trays of hors d'oeuvres and make bowls of your own punch or cocktail (my family has a recipe for 1/2 liter of 7-Up mixed with 1/2 liter of Cranberry-Apple cocktail juice - I also recently learned it's not only good with vodka mixed in, but amaretto as well, and you can always get cheap liquor at Total Wine in Brea.).
    Hope that helps you!  :)
  • Options
    Have you look at the Anaheim Hills Country Club. We looked there and their pricing seem reasonable but it was too far from our church for us. Good luck. 
  • Options

You can also look at the LAPD Rock Garden. It sounds odd but it's a pretty place and I think it's fairly affordable. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards