Christian Weddings

welcome Julie2013!

welcome!! can't wait to get to know you as you plan your vow renewal!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: welcome Julie2013!

• Welcome!  I love hearing about vow renewals because they are all very unique, and very different from weddings.  Do you have any details planned?
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Thanks for the warm welcome, Ash and sessionswedding! :)

I do have some details now that we've picked our venue and can envision it, but I'm afraid to bore you all with too many details! I don't mind sharing, though. Anything specific you'd like to know?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Welcome! Any special reason you're planning a vow renewal? Do you know what you'll be wearing yet? :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_welcome-julie2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:03584c2f-5bab-4481-9252-161c72105e21Post:b6da828c-f98a-469a-9a97-36039adbaaf3">Re: welcome Julie2013!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Any special reason you're planning a vow renewal? Do you know what you'll be wearing yet? :)
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]
    <font face="Times New Roman">
    Thanks, mrandmrsbrist! Our vow renewal has very special meaning to us. We went through some awful times and a horrible illness along with the usual stresses of life and parenting 4 kids. Our original vows were broken in so many ways (not adultery, though, thank goodness!). Many times we almost gave up on each other, but in the end, always chose to stay together. Now we find ourselves rock solid and close in a way we never could have imagined. We noticed that somewhere in our 11th year, I think. We hit 14 years last June.

I know that for many of those doing vow renewals later in their marriage (25+ years), they are saying they would do it all over again. That is <em>not</em> what our vow renewal means to us. We <em>wouldn't</em> do it all over again. It was awful enough the first time around! What we are saying is, "I love you for the person you have matured into, the person you are right now. I do not want you to ever doubt you are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with." We also feel we are entering a new phase in our lives. Our kids are older (currently, they are 8, 11, 13, and 18) and our jobs are established. (Well, HIS job and my non-paying job of stay-at-home, homeschooling mother!) We no longer need each other the same way we did when we were working on our educations and raising tiny kids. We want our new vows to reflect <font>our future promises</font>.

Our families are happy to be celebrating this with us, too. They were hands-on in helping through the illness and the near-death of both our boys. They have seen us struggle through the first 2/3 or so of our marriage and prayed hard we'd find our way. We did. Our vow renewal is for me and my husband, but the party afterward is our big THANK YOU to them for sticking by us in such an amazing way. We feel so blessed to be together and this happy and can’t wait to celebrate next June!

No, I don't know what any of us are wearing yet. I plan to have us dressed formally, but that's as far as I've gotten on that decision. For myself, I’ve looked at both wedding dresses and formal gowns. I’ve heard all the dos and don’ts many on TK feel vow renewals need to abide by, but I’m only concerned about the 30 people invited to my party. I’ve chatted with adults from all the families invited and they all feel we should do what makes us happy. They won’t be uncomfortable with whatever wedding elements we decide to add or exclude. 

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Best wishes to you and your little one. :)

(Edited to remove an extra RE quote box)</font>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_welcome-julie2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:03584c2f-5bab-4481-9252-161c72105e21Post:3e7a2c6e-1483-49fb-906a-f90d452cd47e">Re: welcome Julie2013!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!!
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

Thanks, fpaemp! :)
  • Welcome Julie!  Sounds like your VR is going to be a lot of fun.  Don't be afraid to share details with us!  We never get tired of hearing about them :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• that sounds like a lot of fun! will you be going on a trip or "honeymoon" afterwards??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ravenray! It should be one heck of a party! :)

Ash, we plan to take a family trip afterward as finances allow. The more into the whole college thing my 18 yo gets, the more expensive it seems to become! So, fingers crossed and prayers said, we hope to spend a few days in Branson, MO.
  • Wow, such a great story, Julie! I am sorry for all the hard times, but I'm so glad to hear that you two got through it. It definitely sounds like some kind of a celebration is in order.

As for all the nonsense on TK - we're a pretty non-judgemental, "do what you want" bunch over here on the CW board. :) We just like to hear about plans, offer advice and ideas through the process and see pictures afterward!

And thank you! We're very excited about our little one!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_welcome-julie2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:03584c2f-5bab-4481-9252-161c72105e21Post:5b31905e-e6b3-4182-96c7-d8e7cd4fdb24">Re: welcome Julie2013!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, such a great story, Julie! I am sorry for all the hard times, but I'm so glad to hear that you two got through it. It definitely sounds like some kind of a celebration is in order. <strong>As for all the nonsense on TK - we're a pretty non-judgemental, "do what you want" bunch over here on the CW board. :)</strong> We just like to hear about plans, offer advice and ideas through the process and see pictures afterward! And thank you! We're very excited about our little one!!
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

That's the reason I came out of hiding! You all seem so nice. :)  I actually found several other websites much more VR-friendly and took to planning and chatting there, but had made some nice friends here and love the setup more than the other boards/forums. Many people encouraged me privately to look in the more specialized areas, like here and the month boards. I do believe they were right! The June 2013 ladies are a great group of women, too. They don't candy-coat their opinions, but aren't rude, either.

Then there's the Vow Renewal board that Knot Lili has said will probably be coming out! I do hope that happens. She and I were talking back and forth about it and she said it was in the works, but I've not heard anything in a long time.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome! :)
  • Welcome to the board! I loved reading your story :)

I totally understand some of what you were sharing, DH and I faced some big trials on the medical front before we got married, and infact while we were saying our vows, when the Pastor said 'in sickness and in health' we both started giggling.... luckily the people attending, being our friends and family, knew why it sparked that response! Lol

It has a way of either bringing you together stronger than ever after something like that, or tearing you apart, because you're both going to grow and change going through it.... I'm glad to see it brought you together, and that the people you have both matured into are so happy together :)
  • Thanks, BMcLeodTeam! And it's great you two got through your health crisis, too! You are so right in that it'll either make you stronger or tear you apart. It must have been wonderful to be surrounded by people who knew what you two had been through at your wedding. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_welcome-julie2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:03584c2f-5bab-4481-9252-161c72105e21Post:36b6e66c-a2a7-4f57-9842-2ce959b90c1a">Re: welcome Julie2013!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, BMcLeodTeam! And it's great you two got through your health crisis, too! You are so right in that it'll either make you stronger or tear you apart. It must have been wonderful to be surrounded by people who knew what you two had been through at your wedding. :)
    Posted by Julie2013[/QUOTE]

It was an amazing feeling, sharing that moment with the people who stuck by us and helped us through everything :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards