New Jersey
Options

Guest List Issue RE: Boss

My FI and I have just started planning our wedding.  We've put together a tentative guest list which we were able to get down to about 50 people.  Just close friends and immediate family.  I work in a small office, but to add another 9-10 people plus their dates (almost all are married), would crush our budget.  I like my boss, but I am not sure he will understand if he's not invited to the wedding as it will just be close friends and family.  Now, I don't want to not have a wedding to avoid having to avoid my boss, but I don't know if I want to deal with the whole issue with my  boss and him being affended and upset.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Re: Guest List Issue RE: Boss

• Options

You have 2 options
    1) invite your boss but no one else from the office.
    2) Do not invite your boss. 
    Either way, I would start talking about how you are having a small wedding and how there a lot of people you would like to include but just can't.  This way, when the wedding invitations go out, no one is suprised when they don't get one.

Actually, I just saw your date is over a year away... I would not even discuss it or mention it till a few months out.  So much can change with relationships between now and then!  For all you know, you could leave that job and start another...

• Options
    Do you socialize with any of your coworkers outside of the job? If not, then you don't have to invite them. You really only want to invite the people that mean the most to you.
  • Options
    I wouldn't opt for only inviting your boss, or your coworkers may think you are just trying to impress him or something. If it is truly going to crush your budget to invite 10 more people, then don't invite anybody from your office. Or, try cutting your spending somewhere else so you can add another 10 people. Chances are all of them won't come anyway.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_guest-list-issue-re-boss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3893ac0f-6b5f-43bd-b763-1be30d0fb3c6Post:77ebba6a-5de3-485b-9c56-36123cc6294d">Re: Guest List Issue RE: Boss</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Actually, I just saw your date is over a year away... I would not even discuss it or mention it till a few months out.  So much can change with relationships between now and then!  For all you know, you could leave that job and start another...
    Posted by 73jewels[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  It's much too early to make final guest list decisions, particularly pertaining to your work colleagues. If you are sending STDs, no need to send to everyone you *might* end up inviting.  For example, I only sent STDs to about half of my final guest list, because I wanted to make sure that close and OOT family and friends had ample notice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I wouldent talk about it at work, if any one brings it up just say its a small family ocassion due to budget they will understand. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards