Favors

Ballerina Slippers

Hi, I have been searching for the right place to buy slippers for the wedding guest at the reception. I wanted to put a little basket in the bathroom for the ladies to grab a pair and go dance their butts off. However, I can not find a good place nor price to order about 50-80 pairs.

Can anyone be of an assistance?

Thank you,
Christina

Re: Ballerina Slippers

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ballerina-slippers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:d268d79f-3d38-48fa-b14a-2cc62ca0d1c5Post:f0c88128-a38a-4e74-af1e-36fb441323c9">Ballerina Slippers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I have been searching for the right place to buy slippers for the wedding guest at the reception. I wanted to put a little basket in the bathroom for the ladies to grab a pair and go dance their butts off. However, I can not find a good place nor price to order about 50-80 pairs. Can anyone be of an assistance? Thank you, Christina
    Posted by Chrissi1118[/QUOTE]

Don't do this...it's a waste of your time and money.

Adult women know what kind of shoes to wear.
  • I agree. You are better off putting your money elsewhere. Your heart is in the right place, but people go out all the time and do not rely on baskets of more comfy shoes in the ladies room to get them through the night.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Don't buy slippers. You are begging for a slip and fal accident. I did do the flip flop basket, which a lot of people see as a waste of time and money. But I got a good deal on decent flip flops, and it was a big hit. So, it didn't cost me a fortune. I think I spent 50 bucks total.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ballerina-slippers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:d268d79f-3d38-48fa-b14a-2cc62ca0d1c5Post:113f9525-b3e1-42cf-ac82-4fe40191b110">Re: Ballerina Slippers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ballerina Slippers : Don't do this...it's a waste of your time and money. Adult women know what kind of shoes to wear.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.  Your guests are adults.  Trust them to wear appropriate footwear.

</div>
  • Most people I see just take off their shoes if they're uncomfortable.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • In Response to Re:Ballerina Slippers:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Ballerina Slippers:Don't buy slippers. You are begging for a slip and fal accident. I did do the flip flop basket, which a lot of people see as a waste of time and money. But I got a good deal on decent flip flops, and it was a big hit. So, it didn't cost me a fortune. I think I spent 50 bucks total. Posted by cmgilpin

Most "fast flats" have textured bottoms, not slick bottoms like dance slippers, which is why I provided the link.

Honestly, I wouldn't wear flip flops at a wedding because I'd have to take off my pantyhose. I don't know that I would wear the slippers either, but I'd be more likely than with flip flops, personally. Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I think those flats are a good idea. I was thinking house slippers from the OP. The stockings thing never occured to me. Living in CA, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone in a pair of hose.
  • In Response to Re:Ballerina Slippers:[QUOTE]And now, I desperately want to move to CA, lol. Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

LOL. We all have nekkid legs!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards