Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Anyone have a recommendation for bustling?

I'm not even sure if my dress is able to be bustled, but it is so long and very heavy and mainly tulle....I'm not sure if it can stand it without ripping. Does anyone have any recommendations of someone who did a good job, or possibly with a similar dress?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone have a recommendation for bustling?

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had layers of lighter fabric over a heavy satin skirt and ended up with an under and an over bustle.  The heavier skirt was under bustled and secured by ties.  The lighter over layer got over busteled with hooks and clear fishing line type loops I think (I don't remember anymore and I didn't do the bustling so I never looked that closely!)  It worked out just fine. 

I'm sure that there is a good way to bustle you - don't worry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can absolutely do a bustle. I had a very hard one too w/ fragile fabric on the bottom that cascades down... I had Brenda from Amazing Alterations do mine and she did a killer job!!! Very cheap too!! I ended up doing a French bustle. It's an 8 point bustle. It looks amazing and extremely classy/elegant. I'd suggest going for a french bustle with more bustles for your dress being that the type of fabric you have is more fragile. Seriously, GO SEE BRENDA!! :) You'll be glad you did.
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unique Bridal in Blaine did a fantastic job with my bustle. They cut off my chapel train and gave my exactly what I wanted-- a pseudo-Victorian bustle. I'd check them out. Here is a pic of mine.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards