Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening

Re: Evening

• Another old reg should feel free to correct me, but I'll give you my understanding. When I was first posting on here, E and SB were two of the boards that were independent but had many posters who posted on both. Some posters didn't like some threads or frequent posters on E, so they started posting exclusively on SB. This bummed out some of the people who post mostly on E and felt like E was gettin slow, which they expressed, and then there were a lot of hurt feelings on both sides. Some people who were close friends on here got in arguments over it, and things pretty much spiraled out of control until it got hashed out in a reallllllly long FFF. That's my understanding of it anyway.
  • I didn't realise there was drama on PS. I never really posted there though - although I do remember when it just randomly appeared.
  • In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening:In Response to Re: Evening : Yeah, it was Snoopy it was 2003.nbsp; No more Charlie Brown?nbsp; BOOO!!!Posted by MattsPenguinThat must have been one of its last years as Camp Snoopy. It became "The Park at MOA" for a while and then Nickelodeon came in. It will always be Camp Snoopy to me though.nbsp; Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]Agreed about it always being Camp Snoopy. I miss it, and it makes me sad that it is no longer.
  • Boardwar cliffs notes:  Some shiit went down off the boards.  People drifted to the wasteland that was SB at the time.  Everyone took things too seriously.  Shiit went down on and off the boards.  Then there was a thunderdome, most people hugged it out.

TBH, 75% of the people directly involved in the boardwar don't even post at all anymore. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hi everyone. I'm late to the thread, but I agree it's probably Kwills. She was always desperate for people to notice her, even under an AE.

I also miss the PS board drama.
  • Thanks Poli.

Poke - You should go back to the beginning. Anything more than a few posts with the title of "DJ" is worth reading. It was so ridiculous but I would read it for my own amusement.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]Boardwar cliffs notes:nbsp; Some shiit went down off the boards.nbsp; People drifted to the wasteland that was SB at the time.nbsp; Everyone took things too seriously.nbsp; Shiit went down on and off the boards.nbsp; Then there was a thunderdome, most people hugged it out.TBH, 75 of the people directly involved in the boardwar don't even post at all anymore.nbsp; Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]That was a much better and more concise version.
  • I might have to do it once my head clears a little. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with this lol. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:c9d1c532-0133-4f40-9750-d27c7840a294">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't realise there was drama on PS. I never really posted there though - although I do remember when it just randomly appeared.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    Oh lord.<div>
    </div><div>Amethyst and rtzrill posted everything in caps and tried to prove who loved each other more. They called jmorford "JMO" and wanted her to be mod.</div><div>
    </div><div>The board got major out of control, so djhar ended up sending an email to KA to volunteer to be mod. DJ became mod.</div><div>
    </div><div>Unholy shitfit ensues. Sides. Battles. Drama. Tears. Amethyst and rtzrill quit (or got booted). Every three seconds, Amethyst was sending DJ PMs. It was just crazy.</div><div>
    </div><div>DJ ended up stepping down as mod. I don't blame her.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:9c52e938-ca6a-4a66-a273-894421507499">Re:Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening:That was a much better and more concise version.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Yes, but your thing about people getting bummed was right on too.  A lot of people (especially the ones not directly involved) on both sides got feelings hurt, often because they didn't know what was actually going on, and a lot of stuff looked like a slight or insult to people it wasn't meant to be towards.  So that's what kept it going for so long and got so many people involved.

• There was also a PS FB group (after three days of the board being active), so a lot of the girls would make references to those FB conversations on TK, which really pissed people off because they weren't part of "the cool kids". It was unreal.
  • Just got to dinner with a friend, so I hope you ladies have a good night!
  • Oh, irrational irritations gets good on mobile page 5. Good job ladies.
  • I've actually met jmorford IRL. She was really sweet. So who is mod now?
  • In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening:In Response to Re:Evening:That was a much better and more concise version.Posted by polichikYes, but your thing about people getting bummed was right on too.nbsp; A lot of people especially the ones not directly involved on both sides got feelings hurt, often because they didn't know what was actually going on, and a lot of stuff looked like a slight or insult to people it wasn't meant to be towards.nbsp; So that's what kept it going for so long and got so many people involved. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]I think that's really true. It really turned into a contagious, snowball kind of thing and exploded into something unnecessarily unpleasant.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I want sushi for dinner. Why does my husband hate sushi?

And, I just helped my H pick a free entertainment center, for no real reason.
  • Just got to FI's and he's basically sleeping. So glad I drove over, lol. Maybe I'll check out the PS drama later. I missed all the major drama. If that AE isn't KWills, I guess it could be one of the people who complains about E being too soft trying to stir things up. Who knows.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:76e99e2d-69e3-42ac-868e-1284d27fb7df">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want sushi for dinner. Why does my husband hate sushi? And, I just helped my H pick a free entertainment center, for no real reason.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>Woah - free? Cool. FI doesn't like any of my favorite foods - sushi, chinese food, pizza, or Buffalos : (</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:90b8d746-8ac8-40af-bd4f-4c299492da0c">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've actually met jmorford IRL. She was really sweet. So who is mod now?
    Yes, she is very sweet. I hated to see her caught up in all that, especially because she tried so hard to stay neutral. Rather than fight, she took a break (which I thought was wise). I'm not sure if she ever came back.<div>
    </div><div>Here's the thread:  <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_can-address-elephant-room">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_can-address-elephant-room</a> 
    <div>
    </div><div>Anglyn is mod now. I'm not familiar with the name. I haven't been to that board since all the crazy-ness died down.</div></div>
  • Sushi is grosssssss.

Night guys!  I'm off to read Insurgent in my massage chair :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:42abae5c-d8a5-4070-84e9-503f38cde59a">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : Woah - free? Cool. FI doesn't like any of my favorite foods - sushi, chinese food, pizza, or <strong>Buffalos</strong> : (

Like the wings? Or the actual animal?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Erin, we can have sushi together!  My DH hates it, too!!

We're watching Modern Family!  It's so funny!  Plus, YAY DISNEYLAND!!
  • In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]I want sushi for dinner. Why does my husband hate sushi?And, I just helped my H pick a free entertainment center, for no real reason. Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I'll come get sushi with you. Just give me a few hours to hop on a plane ;
  • MP - I love your new sig pic!
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to Re: Evening:
    [QUOTE]Erin, we can have sushi together!  My DH hates it, too!! We're watching Modern Family!  It's so funny!  Plus, YAY DISNEYLAND!!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Alright! I wish he liked Thai food. That sounds good to me too. I don't think he would mind it, but he's allergic to peanuts so that rules out all my favorite stuff.

• Whoa, hold the phone. Your FI doesn't like PIZZA, Poke?? Ha, I was about to call him unAmerican, but yeah..
  • Any of the old regs who claim E is too soft would have NO problems saying that under their actual screenname.
  • In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening:I want sushi for dinner. Why does my husband hate sushi? And, I just helped my H pick a free entertainment center, for no real reason.Posted by ErinG93Woah free? Cool. FI doesn't like any of my favorite foods sushi, chinese food, pizza, or Buffalos : Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]So apparently my friend is 20 min away, so y'all aren't rid of me yet. And Poke, who doesn't like sushi, Chinese food, AND pizza?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:324e37d5-44a2-4955-8c0e-80e9ce23cc3d">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]MP - I love your new sig pic!
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Wrigley! I finally remembered to make a tiny pic of a wedding picture at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards