Louisiana-New Orleans

Mother of the Bride Dress

Any suggestions re: where to shop for Mother of the Bride dresss in New Orleans, Biloxi or Mobile?

Mom wants to buy off the rack, so we are looking for stores with a large selection. Thanks!!!

Re: Mother of the Bride Dress

• If you're looking off the rack, check out some of the places in Metairie and keep an eye out for trunk shows.  Some places to check out in NOLA would be Bustles & Bows, Pearls Place, Chatta Box, Town & Country, Yvonne LaFleur (they have a ton of the two piece type dresses, with cute bolero jackets).  I'll try to think of some more.
  • I responded on weddingbee, but I would check Bridal Boutique by Mae Me.  My mom bought her dress off the rack there and had a great experience.  I think Pearl's will have the largest selection.
  • Ugh. We had a hard time finding mother of the bride & groom dresses. I think they found them both at Dillard's.
    Seems like the majority of the choices either said "cougar" or "old maid" with little in between.
    Oh, and they both hated boleros, so that made it even tougher.
  • My mom and stepmom both found theirs at department stores instead of ordering a designated "Mother of the Bride Dress". Everything in the bridal boutiques was too matronly for their tastes and unreasonably expensive for what you are getting. We weren't impressed with the quality of dress, and for the prices they were asking, we could have found something a lot nicer in a department store... so that's exactly what we did.

They were both a lot happier with the selection and the quality of dresses at their local department stores.

• My mom found hers at David's Bridal off the rack.  She was lucky because it was on sale!  She was getting nervous about finding something and most boutiques said they needed 10 weeks minimum to get a dress ordered and in.  The timing was too close for comfort.  We also tried Dillards and Macys, but their selection wasn't as big as she had hoped.

I got my dress from MaeMe.  I was hesitant to go to David's Bridal for bridesmaids, flower girl, and MOB.  (The first time i went to David's, we had a bad experience. It felt like it was chain store and not a local boutique.)  However, my ladies all had good experiences. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_mother-of-the-bride-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:eee9128d-c678-4a8e-a618-5a684f3f9c0ePost:78a1c96d-1f3c-4b9c-9714-fa4c4bb87c6f">Re: Mother of the Bride Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. We had a hard time finding mother of the bride & groom dresses.<strong> I think they found them both at Dillard's</strong>. Seems like the majority of the choices either said "cougar" or "old maid" with little in between. Oh, and they both hated boleros, so that made it even tougher.
    Posted by esordera[/QUOTE]

My mom and future MIL found theres at Dillards. We found shopping at department stores we saw more resonabe prices. Plus they were able to take what they needed right off the rack and go try it on! Great experience!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We will check out the stores in Metairie. So far have not had much luck at the department stores, but maybe our luck will change when the new spring/summer/fall dresses come in....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards