Connecticut

Venue Ideas

We are newly engaged and looking to have a fall wedding. Were hoping for 2012 but i don't think we will find a venue in time.  I'm looking for a rustic fall wedding, outside or in a restored barn setting. Does anyone have any ideas.

Re: Venue Ideas

• There are tons of places to check out. I would say if you really want 2012 in the fall you might have to settle for an afternoon, friday night or sunday afternoon wedding, especially if you want one of the more popular venues. I know a lot of the vineyards do weddings, like Jonathan Edwards and Stonington Saltwater Vinery. There are also mansions that are beautiful, the Branford house for one, however that is a more popular venue. The mystic seaport has a beautiful venue for rustic weddings- would be perfect in the fall!

What area are you looking for?
  • Check out the Barns at Wesleyan Hills in Middletown.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto the Mystic Seaport.  We had our reception in the River Room (at Latitude 41) and also rented the North Lawn.

http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=5176174E-65B8-D398-71E4158DB4DF905E

Good luck!
  • Check out Farmington Gardens in Farmington. I am getting married there next July! It has a great rustic feel to it. When I booked a few months ago, I knew that they had a few openings in the fall because they were a newer venue. Definitely check them out. I worked with Phil, he was excellent!
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wickham Park in Manchester is an old log cabin with a patio and space for the ceremony as well.  We had a spring rustic wedding there.  It was gorgeous.  Check out the pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150271613428646.364180.715893645&type=3
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Check out the Webb Barn in Wethersfield. I know they are booked on Saturdays through the fall until November. If you are ok with a bit of a chill, definitely contact Katie at the Webb Barn. There was a wedding there this November (there are photos online) and it looked amazing!! They also have Fridays and Sundays available in the fall available, at least they did when we put our deposit down two weeks ago. Good luck!
  • I am getting married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills this summer! It's in Middletown, CT.

There is also Saltwater Farm in Mystic & Jonathan Edwards in North Stonington. Both are beautiful but have high rental fees - $8,000-$10,000, on top of what you would need to pay for catering.

I agree with PPs though, it may be difficult to find a 2012 date but it wouldn't hurt to try!
  • We are getting married at the pavilion at  Rocky Neck State Park. Its a very rustic, interesting building right on the beach. If you want pictures of the inside PM me and I'll send you some.
  • The Pavilion on Crystal Lake, which is owned by the same company as the Barns at Wesleyan Hills and is also in Middletown. Very rustic and you can have your ceremony outside. That's where we are getting married in Sept. Not sure if anything is still open in the fall...maybe a Friday or Sunday. 

• Agree with PPs... I am also a Barns at Wesleyan Hills bride-- it is very rustic, and def. worth looking at...It might be already be booked for 2012, they also are associated with the Pavillion on Crystal Lake--I have been to a wedding there-its is nice as well!! Congrats and happy planning
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I live in Windham County. I know it will be hard to plan for 2012. We are ok with 2013 but were leaving hope to find something this year. A lot of these venues sound great but are far and don't know if we want to make our guests travel that far.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards