Georgia-Savannah

Florist and Baker

We are looking for a florist and a baker for a May 2012 wedding in Savannah.  We live in Virginia and will be going down in October to decide on these two vendors.  Can anyone give recommendations?  I feel like I am shooting in the dark.  I am the mother of the bride but am helping my daughter who is in school full time and works in the evenings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Florist and Baker

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi! 
    Florists: 
    A to Zennia
    Garden on the Square
    Colony Bay

Bakers:
    Savannah Rum Runners
    Back in the Day Bakery
    Baker's Pride
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am using A to Zinnias and I am using Addy B's Cakes...both have been great to work with so far!
  • edited December 2011
    We ordered our cake from Kerry O'Connor Cake Design for our wedding in October.  Kerry just opened her own shop earlier this year, but she was highly recommended by my wedding planner. Kerry is so nice and helpful, and I have never tasted better cake in my life. I have never been a fan of fondant, but hers is very thin and actually tastes great. And everything in her portfolio looked beautiful!

One thing to know is you need to have a reception location booked before you can schedule a cake testing. (If you don't have this already set before your trip, you can still stop in to buy some of her cupcakes.... I recommend the red velvet!)

Here is a link to her website: http://www.kocakedesign.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much to everyone!  That is very helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    I was a destination bride & Colony Bay Florist was amazing! They took a lot of time on my small order, reasonably priced and very responsive.  You can see a picture of my bouquet at www.DeniseGonsales.com (It's the first picture on the page slideshow).
  • edited December 2011
    Like a previous poster I'm also using A to Zinnias and Addy B's cakes - I'm a destination bride from London and they have been great to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards