Florida-North Florida
Options

Ceremony/Reception site in Seaside, FL

I have a couple questions about time needed for a venue. 
The venue I am looking at for my reception in Seaside is only allowing us 4.5 hours in the venue cost. Due to a county noise ordinance, the reception has to be over by 10pm which is kind of a bummer in my book. 
The wedding ceremony is already added into the cost which is nice - but would a wedding at 5:30 and reception ending at 10pm be enough time? It seems a little short and rushed. Granted, we are not serving a sit down dinner so the DJ would begin right when the reception begins.
Or I could go with a seperate ceremony venue (more $$) and start the reception at 5:30......
Are there any places on the Florida panhandle that allow an outdoor reception to go past 10pm? 

Re: Ceremony/Reception site in Seaside, FL

• Options
    You would have to call around but I know in South walton County which is where Seaside is along with the other communities on Hwy 30A there is a 10pm limit. I am not sure about Destin but I think Sandestin is 10pm as well. I am not sure about Panama City Beach either.
  • Options
    I had my wedding at 5:30 in Destin and with a sit down dinner we still had plenty of time before the 10pm cutoff. With that said, our reception was at a private beach house we rented for the entire weekend and we were not told to stop everything right at 10pm. I think that should be plenty of time, but it all depends on your crowd. My crowd wasn't much into dancing and was more into socializing and drinking so we didn't have to worry about the noise ordinance since we just turned the music down at 10 pm.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Beachcombers By the Sea in panama City Beach . they rent their banquet room for receptions , ect . reception doesn't have to be over at 10:00 but they do ask that you tone the music down after 11:00 pm
  • Options
    <div>Bud and Alleys is outdoor and they have a bar upstairs that will probably stay open an hour or so longer for your guests after the dj is done.  They are right on the water and I'd would totally get married there if we werent going on the Solaris.    :)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_ceremonyreception-site-in-seaside-fl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:bd9a059e-3f34-4f27-b935-4cc150cbced4Post:2132973c-9681-4fdc-9180-8a67b14f34aa">Ceremony/Reception site in Seaside, FL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a couple questions about time needed for a venue.  The venue I am looking at for my reception in Seaside is only allowing us 4.5 hours in the venue cost. Due to a county noise ordinance, the reception has to be over by 10pm which is kind of a bummer in my book.  The wedding ceremony is already added into the cost which is nice - but would a wedding at 5:30 and reception ending at 10pm be enough time? It seems a little short and rushed. Granted, we are not serving a sit down dinner so the DJ would begin right when the reception begins. Or I could go with a seperate ceremony venue (more $$) and start the reception at 5:30...... Are there any places on the Florida panhandle that allow an outdoor reception to go past 10pm? 
    Posted by OhioPedsRT12[/QUOTE]
    Future Mrs. Pasquariello
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards