North Carolina
Options

Updos

Has anyone used, or know anyone who has used, Updos for hair/makeup?  They are a company that goes to you to do hair/makeup, and their prices are pretty reasonable.  They do the hair an makeup for a lot of the NC wedding shows (in the Triad area at least), so I am considering them.  I haven't decided between having someone come to me at our venue (we have a nice getting ready area) or going to a salon, but the salon I normally go to isn't really set up for a large group on a Saturday morning so I think it would get hectic.  Any thoughts would be great!

Re: Updos

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of them before, but personally, if I could have had the ladies doing my hair come to my venue, I totally would have. While Im getting a GREAT deal for hair and makeup, its 30 mins away from the venue, so Im going to be crunched for time :(

Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I saw them at the bridal show last weekend.  I have no personal experience - but what they were throwing girls hair up as at the show looked nice.
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think for peace of mind and peace in general I would ask for someone to come to you.  Think about what they "need" to do hair for a wedding nothing tied down like a sink...most have a travel kit handy.  I don't think I could imagne going to a salon with everyone then having to leave go to the place to get ready then the venue.  Sounds like one more hassel.  Never head of Updos though...sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no experience with Updos other than seeing them at the bridal shows and some wedding hair they've done for some of my photographer's weddings.  IMO I think the hair they do looks more suited for prom - that was my impression when I saw them at the WS bridal show - lots of curls, hairspray and big hair.  There are several people that will travel to you for hair.  My makeup person who was in Clemmons was really reasonable (like $30 something a person) and she traveled to us.  I had a girl from Charlotte come up and do my girl's hair.  Let me know if you want any contact info!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked out Updos too and I have to agree about the hair looking like prom.

Also on their site they only book bridal parties of 5 or more and are chargingt $100 for the trial run for hair and makeup and $135 for hair and makeup on the day of.
    ALOT more than any hair and makeup quote I have gotten.

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tlr02 -- I agree with the prom hair thing, but I haven't found anything cheaper than that for hair and makeup.  Where else have you looked?

I definetely have at least 5 people who will have their hair done, so thats not an issue, but I decided not to use Updos anyway.  Still looking for someone to hopefully come out to the site to do hair.makeup, so if you have found others, please share!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards