January 2012 Weddings

I told my boss

I told my boss this morning that i was resigning. She obviously wasn't too happy to hear that. I explained to her that I just didn't feel as though this company was the right fit for me but stressed out grateful I was that she gave me the opportunity and that I learned alot in my past year here. She asked if I could help after after the 16th, I asked my new boss his thoughts on that so we shall see. The whole conversation lasted about 5 minutes and she didnt once ask if there was anything they could do to get me to stay.

The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is she spoke to my HR counter part at another location (that part I don't mind since I am friends with that person its what she said that gets me) and told her that she didn't think my reason was a reason to resign. I need to just let that part go but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Anyways on to new adventures!
Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: I told my boss

• It doesn't matter what she thinks, it is what is right for you. Congrats on the new old job! I am so happy for you! Just celebrate going back to happiness.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_i-told-my-boss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ca396c2d-6b4f-4c0f-8c98-a8b6cf08efb5Post:99ab35a3-426a-436d-b489-9825d9ec6c0f">I told my boss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told my boss this morning that i was resigning. She obviously wasn't too happy to hear that. I explained to her that I just didn't feel as though this company was the right fit for me but stressed out grateful I was that she gave me the opportunity and that I learned alot in my past year here. She asked if I could help after after the 16th, I asked my new boss his thoughts on that so we shall see. <strong>The whole conversation lasted about 5 minutes and she didnt once ask if there was anything they could do to get me to stay. The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is she spoke to my HR counter part at another location (that part I don't mind since I am friends with that person its what she said that gets me) and told her that she didn't think my reason was a reason to resign.</strong> I need to just let that part go but it just rubs me the wrong way. Anyways on to new adventures!
    Posted by sassygirl5401[/QUOTE]

Congrats!

I understand why you feel annoyed, but you probably should have just told her you have another job offer, are resigning, and left it at that if you wanted her to try to get you to stay.  You might have given her too much information and since you already indicated that you did not feel the company was a good fit, she did not have any reason to get you to stay if you are unhappy.  I'd never asked a former employee to stay if they indicated they were unhappy here - after all, what is the point?  I'd rather you be happy somewhere else than miserable working with us.

ETA - she also may not think it's a good reason because she is miserable, too, and does not have the courage to leave. Just a thought, but it still sucks she said that.

I don't mean this negative at all - just giving another perspective. :)  Congrats again!
    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Its not that I wanted her to ask me to stay (my mind has been made up for a week now) its just that when an employee gave her resignation it was the first thing she asked that employee. I've always worked with a company where I felt needed, I've never felt that with my current employer. Just something new for me :o)
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_i-told-my-boss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:ca396c2d-6b4f-4c0f-8c98-a8b6cf08efb5Post:7927910a-b8d5-4a25-ae16-d36659bd4864">Re: I told my boss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its not that I wanted her to ask me to stay (my mind has been made up for a week now) its just that when an employee gave her resignation it was the first thing she asked that employee. I've always worked with a company where I felt needed, I've never felt that with my current employer. Just something new for me :o)
    Posted by sassygirl5401[/QUOTE]

I agree with Sportsbear.  If you hadn't told them you felt you weren't a good fit, they probably would have offered.
  • Congrats for getting that out of the way! And who cares what she has to say. After your two weeks you'll never have to see her again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards