Snarky Brides
Options

Shameful secrets.

Re: Shameful secrets.

• Options
    I cry a lot from missing J. I feel like a wimp since almost all of our relationship has been long distance so I should be used to it. But now after the wedding it feels harder and I hate that we still have another year at least.
  • Options
    OBVIOUSLY womenfolk are delicate, emotional little creatures.

I may or may not snivle all the way through those goddamn ASPCA commercials.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:6e8475ae-cef7-4679-b745-188b0260f32c">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]OBVIOUSLY womenfolk are delicate, emotional little creatures. I may or may not snivle all the way through those goddamn ASPCA commercials.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Fucking Sarah Mclachlan!!!
    panther
  • Options
    Yeah. I have to switch the channel right when those commercials come on, I can't handle it. And then I go and squeeze Tory as she looks at me like I am a crazy woman.
  • Options
    I'm an instant crier too. When the "rat-incident" occured at work I stood in the hallway and sobbed like baby for ten minutes. And yeah when those ASPCA commercials come on I hug my dog (a rescue) and cry on his shoulder. How embarrassing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:245983e2-67a4-48b2-8234-f88d7fa938e3">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : When T & I were still LD, I felt like the closer it came to us actually being able to live in the same place, the harder it was to be apart. When we first started our LD, it didn't seem like that big of a deal, but the longer it went on, the harder it got to leave on Sunday. When I was in my last semester of school, that was the worst, because I just wanted to BE with him. I hope your year left flies by.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

That is definitely true, that the closer it gets, the harder it is! We see each other on weekends and this summer he will move back here for a few months but it isn't permanent yet. I just want my husband to snuggle whenever I want! *foot stomp* ;)
  • Options
    Especially when they show the pitbull all hunched over and shivering, and the brown dog with the bandage around his middle.  And the cat reaching through the cage bars.  MAN.  I HATE YOUR FACE, SARAH.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
     My FI is very overweight and he has learned portion contorl as well as cooking healthier. We have been taking big steps into the healthier life style. He lost 20 pounds. I lost 16 pounds. But in the last few weeks he is eatting double. I don't know whats going on. He will finish his dinner and ask for whatever I have left. The other day I made a steak for him and he was still hungry.

So shameful? He went out and bought 4 hambergers off the Wendys dollar menu. When he got home I bitched at him for soo long and made him feel horrible. I felt so bad for making him feel bad. My solution? Make sure i finish everything off my plate which in turn I am surpassing my caliories by a lot. Embarassed
  • Options
    Same thing happened to Ben when we were in Key West, Duds!  A waitress noticed on our last night.  His birthday was a couple weeks before we went.
    panther
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Can I tell you guys something awful? 

I stopped volunteering for rescues when one of my foster kittens drowned in the bath tub.  Cry 

It was an accident, but a careless one and completely my fault: I've raised dozens of foster kittens and I KNOW to make sure it that all tubs and sinks are drained and toilet seats are down before I even think about leaving the house.  But this ONE TIME, I just...  didn't.  And the poor little guy drowned to in less than six inches of standing water, which means at some point during the day he was too tired to even SIT UP with his head above water. 

Anyway, one of the really cruel things my half-sister said to me when we had our falling out was "Do all of your precious Knot friends know you killed your kitten?" (she was stalking me on the boards at the time and had actually traded insults with Jasmod over my SIL's dog on my FB wall).  I haven't spoken to her since. 

But, yeah.  Now you guys know.
  • Options
    Celles- That sucks.  I get why you can't foster any more.  My heart is breaking for you. 
  • Options
    Awww, Celles.  {{hugs}} 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh Celles I'm sorry.  That was an awful thing for your half-sister to say. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I totally change the channel if those commercials come on. If I didn't I would be a blubbering mess and then go out and adopt more animals. FH always wants to go to the SPCA to play with the animals, he thinks it cheers them up. I know I coudln't handle it and would want to bring them all home. 

I refuse to see War Horse. The previews alone make me teary eyed and nothing bad even happens to the horses. 

Celles - big hugs to you. I couldn't imagine going through something like that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Aw Celles. *hugs* 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:4d4bf815-1f21-436b-bbc9-c199b071a632">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I tell you guys something awful?  I stopped volunteering for rescues when one of my foster kittens drowned in the bath tub.    It was an accident, but a careless one and completely my fault: I've raised dozens of foster kittens and I KNOW to make sure it that all tubs and sinks are drained and toilet seats are down before I even think about leaving the house.  But this ONE TIME, I just...  didn't.  And the poor little guy drowned to in less than six inches of standing water, which means at some point during the day he was too tired to even SIT UP with his head above water.  Anyway, one of the really cruel things my half-sister said to me when we had our falling out was "Do all of your precious Knot friends know you killed your kitten?" (she was stalking me on the boards at the time and had actually traded insults with Jasmod over my SIL's dog on my FB wall).  I haven't spoken to her since.  But, yeah.  Now you guys know.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Oh honey.  Sh*t happens.  It's not your fault.

• Options
    OMG Celles! I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you feel. That must've been so hard on you. Even though it seems to have happened awhile ago -hugs your way-.

And wow your half-sister sounds like a real peach.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:4d4bf815-1f21-436b-bbc9-c199b071a632">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Anyway, one of the really cruel things my half-sister said to me when we had our falling out was "Do all of your precious Knot friends know you killed your kitten?" (she was stalking me on the boards at the time and had actually traded insults with Jasmod over my SIL's dog on my FB wall).  I haven't spoken to her since.  But, yeah.  Now you guys know.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    OMG. She's a huge fucking bitch. Accidents happen and unfortunately you can't prevent all of them. :( I'm sorry Celles. It's bad enough to have to deal with the kitty, but then to have this fat twat all up in your business is terrible. And don't feel bad about what happened. It wasn't your fault.
  • Options
    Celles can I ask why you would leave water in a bath tub all day?
    panther
  • Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Celle, I am so sorry. I remember that fight with your had sister on your FB wall. I can't believe how she acted and I can't believe she would throw that in your face.

EDIT: Was this the sisterthat wanted to get rid of her dog so she can have her bridal shower in the back yard? Or was the FSIL?
  • Options
    Wow cells, your half-sister sucks. I hope she's lurking/stalking you now so she can read this. Half-sister, you suck.

I used to have to take home our babies or severely injured animals when I was at the rehab center. It sucked so hard when one of them didn't make it through the night and at first I always balmed myself questioning what I did wrong, if anything. Didn't feed enough, fed too much, did the meds wrong, heating pad wasn't high enough, whatever. But the fact is, shiit happens. All you can do is learn from it and move on.
  • Options
    Celtic, I won't see War Horse either.  Black Beauty is one of my favorite books in the world and it makes me cry every time I read it, even now.

Thanks for the sympathy, guys.  It happened a couple of years ago and I still feel really bad about it, but it's not something I think about all the time either.  The main reason I'm confessing it now is that my sister makes me feel like a huge hypocrite for advocating for rescue when I've lost one of my own fosters to neglect.  She implied that it was something I was deliberately hiding to make myself look like some sort of... animal savior, I guess?  But, if I put it all out there myself, she can't exactly hold it over me anymore. 
  • Options
    My H just came home from work to visit me and bring me lunch.

And he brought his coworker. With no warning. And I am sick as a dog and I look more or less like a dogturd.  :(
  • Options
    I go through "project" periods in my life, where I'm all gung ho about something, and then once I get into a routine I let it go (Triathlons, diets, cycling, running, fraud examination, etc). I am scared to death that I will do this with Sparky. I never want to wake up one day and not have any urge to go see his smiling face. Now that I'm weaning because I'm drying up, I fear that its the end of one of these project periods and my connection with him will be gone. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    AATB -- I don't, generally.  I took a bath before work that morning and left the tub to drain on its own without checking back to make sure it had.   must have been running late or something, because I do know better, especially with four half-feral kittens in the house.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:796e43c1-17e3-4795-82e9-667b3163418c">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H just came home from work to visit me and bring me lunch. And he brought his coworker. With no warning. And I am sick as a dog and I look more or less like a dogturd.  :(
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

<div>First time I met FIs boss was when I was visiting FI.  He lived in a house right near his work and dropped in with his boss unannounced.  I was wearing scrubby sweats, hadn't showered, and was watching crappy TV while stuffing my face.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:906a0643-9b68-42e5-8b71-68e934a094b0">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a crier, too.  It sucks, though, because my eyes swell up to the point that they're almost swollen shut.  Make-up does not mask that.at.all.  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

My friend is allergic to her own tears. When she cries, her face turns bright, bright red, her eyes swell shut and her face itches. Even if she just gets misty-eyed (say, during the National Anthem or something), her eyes get bright red and puffy.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:e35cb19e-b5d8-43b3-8b97-7e1e15e90db8">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : First time I met FIs boss was when I was visiting FI.  He lived in a house right near his work and dropped in with his boss unannounced.  I was wearing scrubby sweats, hadn't showered, and was watching crappy TV while stuffing my face.  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>Legit: four blankets, four stuffed animals, surrounded by Motrin, iced tea, water, cough drops, watching cartoons, wearing my old-school glasses, and wearing what's left of my pajamas because I haven't done laundry in a week. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks, H. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:8f330426-7ef0-4914-ae71-115613c84d96">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : My friend is allergic to her own tears. When she cries, her face turns bright, bright red, her eyes swell shut and her face itches. Even if she just gets misty-eyed (say, during the National Anthem or something), her eyes get bright red and puffy.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

OMG. That's awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards