Arizona-Phoenix

Pre-wedding Activities for Out of Town Guests?

Anyone have any good ideas for organized events leading up to a wedding?  My FI and I are pretty much the only people that actually live in AZ and I would love to be able to plan a few things for guests that come into town early.  Thanks for your help =)  I'm sooo new to this and it's kind of overwhelming!  

Re: Pre-wedding Activities for Out of Town Guests?

• edited December 2011
    Personally I would not organize anything.  If people are making your wedding a vacation they may feel like they have to do your pre-planned activities and that will make it less of a vacation for them.  But I do think it would be nice to suggest some great things to do.  We had a wedding website and on it we listed things to do in different categories...Museums (Phoenix Art, Desert Botanical, Heard, the Zoo), Shows and/or events that weekend (like plays, festivals, sports), shopping and spas, our favorite restuarants, Sedona and other longer trips.  Most of our guests just chose to relax and hang by the pool though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are not planning anything.  But we posted several ideas for people on our website.  Hiking, zoo, and other things that Phoenix has to offer.  It is the perfect time of year for outdoor activities so we focused on those!  We are simply gonna be toooooooo busy since our entire family and most of the wedding party is from out of town.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    given the time you're getting married, I would highly recommend doing zoo-lights at the phx zoo. your guests will enjoy the nice weather and the lights.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't plan anything either, but made a list of things that they could do while they were here.  We provided directions to Sedona and Grand Canyon... those IMHO were the biggest hits for activities!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards