Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Friday

TGIF!

Since Jude is sleeping in for her birthday, I figured I would help get us going.

I slept in this morning because I was beyond exhausted from Take Your Kid to Work Day yesterday.  I'll probably do some yoga at home tonight, after my fitting.  My eating has still been going really well, which I am very excited about!

How did you ladies do, and do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

Also, happy birthday to all of the ladies with birthdays this weekend!
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Friday

• Last night I kicked off my leg workout routine.  It's amazing that I though running alone would keep my legs in shape... not so much I am HURTING today.  It's good  though, I'm hoping to just tone everything up a little bit, since I don't want to lose too much of my behind ;)  I think a full workout of arms and a full workout of legs once a week will get me to where I want to be.  

This weekend I really don't have anything planned which I'm excited for.  I plan on relaxing and doing very little else :)
  • Last night I went to Zumba Toning as planned, super intense!

I'm about to go for a run right now, maybe 4 miles...

As for this weekend FI and I are picking out tuxes and dropping off "borrowed" couches back at my mom's house since we finally bought one for our downstairs and its being delivered Wednesday=)
  • Way to go ladies!  I ran last night, but it was on a treadmill  :X 

Jude- I have been more consistent about lifting weights for about a month and have already noticed a pretty significant difference :)  Totes worth it!  I go Tuesday morning and Thursday morning, and I start with legs, then I do upper body, and finish up with abs.  If I do a full 3 sets of 10 I am done in 45 min to an hour.  Here is my routine:

(warm-up mile on treadmill & light stretching)
    10 straight leg dead lifts, 30lbs
    10 squats, 50lbs
    10 wide-leg squats, 50lbs
    10 right leg lunges, 50lbs
    10 left leg lunges, 50lbs
    rest 60 seconds, repeat for a total of 3 sets
    10 bench press, 40lbs
    10 bent-over rows, 40lbs
    10 (either upright rows or shoulder press), 30lbs
    10 bicep curls, both arms at the same time, 20lbs <--- don't laugh, I have no bicep strength
    10 tricep presses, 25lbs
    rest 60 seconds, repeat for a total of 3 sets
    Abs- either lay on a bench & do leg extensions, or do pikes on a stability ball, 3x10

I'm about to go up weight on some of mine, but right now I use handheld dumbells.  If I go up much more I'll need to start using the bar, but I'm the only female over in the weight area most of the time & I don't want to ask one of the huge, hulking, scary looking men to help me figure out how much weight to put on it & everything, so I've been kind of maintaining for now.  I'm a chicken.
  • Ho hummmmmm to run or not to run, that is the question. It is supposed to be my off day today but since I've only run outside once this week I feel like I have been slacking! I did run 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday but something about not being outside makes me feel like I didn't really "earn" the day off. So I guess I'll play it by ear!

Happy birthdays to those with birthdays and happy weekend to everyone else!!

And Lobsters- good luck at the fitting!!
  • Didn't work out yesterday, I SHOULD go to the gym today but we're travelling this weekend so I doubt I'll see much exercise. I'm going to try really hard to stay on top of eating good this weekend due to lack of access to my normal exercise.

I'm just going to try to not stress out about not exercising and try to get a light workout in on Sunday when I get back.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-friday-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:e925040d-5b46-4cad-96d5-9acf048f0047Post:d271ece7-40ce-4a5b-94e3-05786cc1736f">Re: Workout Accountability: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Way to go ladies!  I ran last night, but it was on a treadmill  :X  Jude- I have been more consistent about lifting weights for about a month and have already noticed a pretty significant difference :)  Totes worth it!  I go Tuesday morning and Thursday morning, and I start with legs, then I do upper body, and finish up with abs.  If I do a full 3 sets of 10 I am done in 45 min to an hour.  Here is my routine: (warm-up mile on treadmill & light stretching) 10 straight leg dead lifts, 30lbs 10 squats, 50lbs 10 wide-leg squats, 50lbs 10 right leg lunges, 50lbs 10 left leg lunges, 50lbs rest 60 seconds, repeat for a total of 3 sets 10 bench press, 40lbs 10 bent-over rows, 40lbs 10 (either upright rows or shoulder press), 30lbs 10 bicep curls, both arms at the same time, <strong>20lbs <--- don't laugh</strong>, I have no bicep strength 10 tricep presses, 25lbs rest 60 seconds, repeat for a total of 3 sets Abs- either lay on a bench & do leg extensions, or do pikes on a stability ball, 3x10 I'm about to go up weight on some of mine, but right now I use handheld dumbells.  If I go up much more I'll need to start using the bar, but I'm the only female over in the weight area most of the time & I don't want to ask one of the huge, hulking, scary looking men to help me figure out how much weight to put on it & everything, so I've been kind of maintaining for now.  I'm a chicken.
    Posted by medicapril[/QUOTE]

<div>That's not laughable!  I stick between 10 and 12.5 otherwise I would have super massive man arms.  </div>
  • Today is my 30th birthday so no workout for me!!! Taking the weekend off too...celebration time!! Have a good weekend Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy birthday and/or happy weekend!

April--I don't think 20 lbs. is shabby on the arms!  That sounds like quite a workout!

Ibarr--I've noticed that my arms are not changing, do you think it's weightlifting related?  I try to do 15 to 20 lb. weights.  I always worry about the bulk there, and I want those slim pretty personal trainer arms (that probably won't ever happen for me).

Anywho...I grudgingly went to the gym last night.  I was mad at myself because all day, I was thinking, yep, gym tonight, it will be good.  Then with about a half hour of work left, I got to thinking, I really don't want to go.  But I did 40 minutes of weights and 40 on the elliptical.  I'm just glad I went!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Fluffernut, it could be.  I know there are a lot of people in the two camps of women should lift with more weight and then women should lift with less and do more reps.  Personally, I've always been some form of "cut" in my arms since I was a kid.  I have lifted heavier in the past and I started looking like I could take Tyson in the ring so I stopped.  For me, the 10-12.5 lbs with a lot of reps/sets and different types works the best.  FI always hardcore side eyes me when I grab the heavier weights nowadays ;)

Sorry I don't have the best advice.  I'm sort of a "I stick with what has worked for me" kind of person.  If what you are doing isn't working I'd switch it up.
  • Happy Friday! And happy birthday to all those with birthdays today and this weekend. How cool!

Today was a rest day. I've been trying to get back into a routine and have been having a little trouble, but I'm feeling that next week will be better. Who knew a small weekend trip could throw it off that much? Good thing though is I haven't gained any weight, though I definitely feel like my water intake isn't what it was last week. Definitely made the case for drinking more water a stronger one.

Tomorrow I'll go to spin class and then train for 30 minutes. Sunday I'm planning a nice long walk/run of 6 miles to ease back into running. I haven't run in the past week... last Friday was my last workout besides yesterday so I'll see how I feel on the run.

Have a great weekend!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards