Colorado

Co Springs Reception Venue? HELP!

My fiance and I picked out our ceremony venue - the Glen Eyrie Castle in Colorado Springs - but we're having SO many issues choosing a reception venue!

We'll be having around 200 guests who are mostly out of town, so we need somewhere semi-close to the Garden of the Gods area that can comfortably seat 200 people AND has a dance floor. We both have big, crazy families that are going to want to party HARD, so having room to dance (and breathe) is a must.

Our wedding is very vintage-chic, classic, romantic, etc., and we've looked at the ballrooms at the Crowne Plaza and the Antlers Hilton, but we just don't really like the feel of a plain-old hotel ballroom after a castle ceremony. We looked at the Garden of the Gods club, but their biggest room still seemed too small. We love the Briarhurst, but still too small.

There has to be some sort of barn or unique romantic venue SOMEWHERE in Colorado Springs that can hold 200 people.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Help is VERY much appreciated! =)
{June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Co Springs Reception Venue? HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried looking at the Fine Arts Center? Not sure what your budget is or if this venue is too chopped up for your taste, but we considered it for our reception. I think it could be a cool place especially if it included the courtyard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but The Pinery in Black Forrest is awesome.  Very modern, and has a goreous ball room that seats over 200.  They have all inclusive packages, but I am pretty sure you could also do a reception only.  From the highway you take Woodman out to BlackFrooest Rd.  It's only about 15 mins, but I am not sure where Glen Eyrie is.........
    thepinery.com has pics of the ballroom. 
  • Scheergrl04Scheergrl04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Historic Pinecrest!!  Our wedding will be there in July, and we're so excited.  It's in Palmer Lake, so a little drive from GOG, but just up I25.  It's so Colorado! Kinda lodgy, but beautiful.  Our wedding is vintage too.  It fits up to 250, they have on site catering, dj, photog, but you're not required to use them.  You do get a discount if you use them though.  You can bring your own alcohol (beer, wine, champagne) which was HUGE for us, those hotels charge WAY too much for booze.  You should check it out, let me know if you have questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bananas1309bananas1309 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replies!!

We LOVE the Fine Arts Center... but the way it's set up is somewhat awkward. We haven't ruled it out though.

We checked out The Pinery -- it's beautiful, but the reception room still looked like there wouldn't be enough room to dance with 200 people... and it's really far away from Glen Eyrie (and expensive for a reception-only venue).

I'm actually a wedding photographer and I've shot 2 weddings at the Pinecrest and attended my fiance's best friend's wedding there. It's nice, but it wouldn't really be unique to us... and it has a very Christmasy-vibe year round, and we're having a very floral, summery wedding.

I know, we're ridiculously picky -- but we just want to make sure our guests have room to breathe, dance, and mingle.

We've looked at some pictures of the Colorado Springs Marriott, and I really like Aspen Leaf Room from what I see. It's semi close to Glen Eyrie as well. Has anyone been there or had their reception there?

I'm still open to suggestions! Thanks so much everyone!
    {June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • carriearmijocarriearmijo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hillside Garden and Nusery is amazing! They have a great covered area thta can be used for dancing and a cute little bar!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards