New York-New York City
Options

A True Budget Wedding

We are looking for a venue for 30-40 people for a 4-hour event on April 5,6, or 7 of 2013; The time and date is completely flexible that weekend. Ceremony/cocktails or dinner/ music and dancing space for LESS than 7K.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: A True Budget Wedding

• Options
    For such a small wedding, you might consider a restaurant. Try Valbella, in the meatpacking district. I contacted them recently and I thought the rates were reasonable. It's a trendy Italian restaurant. The 2nd floor is used for private events--they have a number of wine rooms. There's not enough space for dancing--but the food is good (I went to a book launch party there a few years ago and it was delicious).

We found the Woman's Club of Englewood--about ten minutes across the George Washington Bridge and very easy to get to. Very, very reasonable rate considering you are getting just the venue. They do have tables and chairs that are included. Our wedding will be there and we're very excited about it!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I know this is outrageous, but we also considered John's Pizzeria in Times Square. We thought--everyone loves pizza!. The space is actually very nice--in an old church. Again, no room for dancing. The mezzanine/2nd floor is really where you'd want to be, but the restaurant will be open to other diners simultaneously. Which is why we're not having ours there--my man wants a private venue.

Your ceremony would have to be off site for both of the restaurants I mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards