Maine

Venue locations: suggestions/reviews/ideas

Hi All!  I'm a recent bride and knottie-devotee myself (the Big Day was in Outer Banks, NC) and the girls on that local message board got me through so much!  One of my best friends who lives in TN just got engaged and as a BM I'm trying to help out as much as I can since I'm in RI. They're looking for a space with some nice land (maybe gardens, some trees, or just open) leading up to the coast where they can have the water as a backdrop to their wedding.  I'm curious to see what you reply to the "non-traditional reception location" posted recently because my friend isn't really traditional either and is so artistic, creative and unique.  Any success stories or places you're so looking forward to having your Big Day at that might fit this image, would be great!  She's from NH so I'm assuming they're hoping to have it more southern, but are open to ALL options right now.  So far their guest list is fairly large too (about 200).  THANK YOU for any recommendations!!  :-)   Oh and they're also looking for end of summer/early fall, like it seems a lot of you are doing!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue locations: suggestions/reviews/ideas

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this location you're looking for (well, she's looking for) the reception venue, ceremony venue, or both?

I don't know how untraditional it could/would be, but check out Southern Maine Community College in South Portland - they run the grounds at Fort Preble and Spring Point Lighthouse.  Gorgeous area with a lot of different options available. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They'd prefer to do the ceremony and recpetion at the same place, but I'm sure they'd compromise for the perfect locations if they're separate!  They're aiming to do a "destination" wedding as well, inviting guests to come up and spend as much of a week as possible with them so everyone gets a vacation as well.  (will also help her be able to do more DIY with the BMs there all week!!) :-)  Thanks for the suggestion, HCorrigan, I'll send it on to her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem - that location is a place where you can have both the ceremony and the reception.  The lighthouse there is the view out my bedroom window, so I'm a bit partial to it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards