Christian Weddings

For those doing communion...

Are you playing a song during?  If so, what song?  We are having a hard time deciding!

Thanks!

Molly

Re: For those doing communion...

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Have you heard "Communion" by Third Day?  A friend of mine had it played on acoustic guitar at her wedding while they took communion, and it was perfect.

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6khRQFlOc

*Warning- the video does have scenes from The Passion of the Christ, and a few of them are graphic.
  • edited December 2011
    There's a song by a group called Stephen Speaks, I don't know if they still exist, but I have a song by them called "Communion"...I just googled the lyrics since its been a long time since I listened to it.
    http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/stephenspeaks9945/communion478183.html
    They are (were?) a great band, acoustic style.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I'll check those songs out :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris. My MOH is playing piano and a BM is singing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having a jazz mass, but i'm think amazing grace because the lady at the church who sings is gives you chills.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    I really want communion and reading this thread makes me jealous, but everytime we take communion at my church I drop the wafer down my dress or I spill the juice on myself. FI thought we could do a number of lovely other things.... oh well haha
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing the song When I Say I Do, by Matthew West...it's amazing.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• JAF squaredJAF squared member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_those-doing-communion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:42ea4a6c-0626-469c-a380-ddc092ddddedPost:5fd78aa2-1594-4177-b209-8377ee426c2b">Re: For those doing communion...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing the song When I Say I Do , by Matthew West...it's amazing.
    Posted by thereisbeauty@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

We did this also!!!!  We had a piano player play it while the best man's wife sang.   It is a long song so we also did the unity candle at the same time.  We we also planning on having her sing through the foot washing, however, our pastors switched things around on us so our singer and piano player didn't know when to stop playing/singing.  It was beautiful and worked out wonderfully though!  There is also God Gave Me You by dave barns?  That was our second choice but we didn't need it.  I found the song on this board also!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards