Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Does this sound like too much food?

My mother and I have a thing about, there needs to be lots of food to be generous and a good host, but is this over the top? We have guests who don't like red meat, and who aren't into fish, so I figured might as well get a bit of each.  I just send over my menu to the caterer and awaiting a response back, but just can't help but ask you all.. 2 Appetizers;  Quesadillas with Salsa Proscuitto Wrapped Scallops
Buffet Dinner: Prime Rib Asparagus Mashed Potatoes Rack of Lamb Fish Tomato & Mozzarella Salad Grilled Chicken Antipasto Platter Steamed Rice Greek Salad Avocado/Tomato/Pecan Salad Bread & Rolls Fruit Platter
.. and wedding cake/etc.  
Too much or just right? 

Re: Does this sound like too much food?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    it seems good to me because its a buffet. buffets should be large imo
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you have more than enough.  You have 4 meats/main entrees.  Plenty.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd cut the rice and one of the salads.  Seems unnecessary.  Or else I'd switch out the rice with some kind of pasta (we had a rice dish at our wedding and it was definitely not a crowd pleaser. It's the one menu item I'd go back and change if I could). 

Keep all the meats. People love variety. =) 
  • Options
    meep2meep2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could probably get rid of the tomato & mozz salad, or the greek salad. But honestly, my first thought was, ala Liz Lemon, "I want to go there." It sounds amazing.

Of course, I always think of greek salad and lamb... How many people are you having? I feel like the more food you're having anyway, the more variety is usual.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards