Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groom and groomsmen attire

Our wedding colors are light blue and silver. The bridesmaids are wearing light blue dresses (somewhere inbetween Capri and Malibu colors at David's Bridal) and silver shoes. I don't have the exact color for the dresses yet as they are being custom made. (The dress maker has ordered swatches in different fabrics and shades of blue so we can pick which we like best.)

I'm not sure what to dress the guys in. My FI has pretty much said he doesn't care. At first I was thinking black suits or tuxes, but now I feel like that would be too dark. I really like the gray suits/tuxes because it could tie in with the silver. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

If we do black, then my FI will have silver vest/tie and the groomsmen will have light blue vest/tie. I also have a brides bro who I am planning on dressing like the groomsmen, except he wants a bowtie instead of a regular tie.

Re: Groom and groomsmen attire

• Options
    Were doind Malibu from davids and our tuxs are a Med gray
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_groom-and-groomsmen-attire-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:a5309634-690b-4b9e-93ae-30bb5123bbf4Post:27c65c89-f243-422b-8acc-988ce5f3f103">Re: Groom and groomsmen attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think gray tuxes are going to be the powder blue tuxes of our parents' generation. Black tuxes with black vests, or grey suits with light blue ties.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

This.

A tux should only ever be black.

• Options
    Grey or charcoal suits.

You can use the DB website "dress your bridal party" feature and see how it looks all together.
  • Options
    I had to nix the ivory tux from my fianc lol I like grey and tan at destination beach weddings or less formal events, but I definitely agree its a fad.
  • Options
    What time of year are you getting married? Charcol gray suits would be nice for the summer months, but I would stick with black for any other time of the year.
  • Options
    masdumasmasdumas member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Tuxedos should be black, or if in the summer, perhaps white (cream) dinner jackets with black tuxedo pants. This isn't prom - they don't need to match perfectly. 

Try this - if you're going with tuxedos - tell each GM that you're wearing X and X color and they need to plan accordingly - Same with suits. Let them have some individuallity, so long as it conforms to your color palate

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards