Kentucky-Louisville

Help finding an officiant!!!

Anyone know a good officiant?? I'm having a hard time finding one, and need to reserve someone asap! Neither of us are religious, so someone who won't judge us would be wonderful. Thanks for any help!!

Re: Help finding an officiant!!!

• edited December 2011
    I am using Bob Mueller.  He was absolutely wonderful when we met with him, and worked with us on finding a fee that we could afford.  Neither my fiance or I are extremely religious, either.  Bob used to be a Catholic priest, but he has many non-religious options for the ceremony.  We told him that we were hoping that the fact that he used to be a Catholic priest would appease my grandparents, but that neither of us were overly religious and we didn't want too much of that in our ceremony.  He was completely understanding and gave us an entire folder of ideas for us to put our ceremony together.  His email is: bobmueller@insightbb.com.  His website is: http://www.bobmueller.org/  Good luck!
  • jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a protestant minister, Dr. David Huddleston advertises on TheKnot.com and we used him for our wedding.  We loved everything about him and would recommend him without reservation.  Good luck on your wedding plans!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...both sound great. I'll check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    My future brother-in-law is doing our wedding for us.  He's ordained but not a "pastor/minister" and would be open to doing whatever type of ceremony you wanted and he's very reasonable.  Send me a private message if you'd like his info.
  • jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a word of caution, ladies.  If your "officiant"  is ordained online, you're not legally married!  These online "ordinations" are not legally recognized to perform marriages.  They're strictly scams.
  • edited December 2011
    Kentucky marriage law is quite lenient when it comes to who is recognized as ordained, so many officiants (who became ordained online or otherwise) are able to legally marry people in KY.  But I agree, definitely do your research before selecting someone.  One of my FI's groomsmen is a pastor but he can't marry us since we live together so he'll be doing the unity portion of our ceremony.
  • edited December 2011

Bob Meuller is an amazing guy!!! Highly recommend! He used to be a Catholic priest, until he himself got married. :)  He is now a fully ordained Christian Minister.
     He's a wonderful man, and full of love!
    Good Luck!Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards