March 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Announcements

I am having a very small wedding (62 people invited) on March 8th. Recently, I got in a conversation about sending wedding announcements to both one of my friends and my wedding coordinator. They thought it was the craziest idea ever, and that I should definitely not send them because it looks like I'm fishing for presents. 

I feel bad for not sending anything to the MANY family members I did not invite (many due to distance...my wedding is a 4 hour event on a Friday night, so they would have to take off a couple of days of work. They were also just in NC for my mother's funeral.), or the family friends that expect something in the mail regarding the wedding. 

One of the options a friend gave me was to send Easter cards, including announcing our wedding and our new address. Another option was to send a change-of-address postcard. Is there anyone here who is sending wedding announcements?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Announcements

• Options
    I think its acceptable to put a wedding announcement in the newspaper, but I personally wouldn't send a separate announcement to people. I think sending the change of address postcard is a cute way to also include a photo of you guys from the wedding day. You could say something like "The New Mr. and Mrs. have moved!" or something.. I feel like Shutterfly or one of those websites would have something cute that you could tie both the wedding and new address into and then it wouldn't look like you were fishing for gifts
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards