Iowa-Quad Cities

mod...

isn't there anything that can be done about all the Storybook Endings posts?? That's all that is on the board anymore and its crazy.

Re: mod...

• in my opinion they should be deleted or atleast be a sticky at the top for people to post about it...
  • Yes, get rid of them!  Nothing makes me want to shop at that place less than all these annoying posts!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with a sticky.  They can still post to get their "credit" but they won't be posting all over the boards.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Answer
    edited April 2012
    Shouldn't it fall under the same spam guidelines as anywhere else?  They're essentially posting an advertisement for personal gain.  I don't know if there is a mod for IA/QC anymore.  I'll email Knot Kathleen and see what she says.  

Edit: E-mail sent.
  • I have always wondered if it was against the rules.... but then again I don't know all of the rules and loop holes to all the rules
  • beaty+bjork, you can find the "Terms of Use" at the very bottom of every page.  There's one bullet point that specficially mentions "No Solicitation."  One of the Knot gods deleted a few of the posts (as you can see) but there currently is no moderator for this board.
  • Just cause I'm nuts....how would one become a MOD if one wanted too?

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I've emailed about becoming Mod of this board a few times and haven't gotten any responses :O(
  • You fill out an application and volunteer and the admins determine if you'd be a good fit (i.e. - don't break rules, don't cause drama, visit regularly).  I've got an e-mail address you can contact if you're interested, send me a PM.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:705816ba-8419-4dc8-8bd0-72fd3a976ef5Post:482962cb-5cae-4c64-b7c0-5416824ad428">Re: mod...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You fill out an application and volunteer and the admins determine if you'd be a good fit (i.e. - don't break rules, don't cause drama, visit regularly).  I've got an e-mail address you can contact if you're interested, send me a PM.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned I'm Chicago TK mod. I have the info; but they're still not responding...have you had any luck?
  • I haven't....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards