Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Unity Ceremonies.

I dont want to do the candle, or the sand. I do want to do SOMETHING thouh involving our mothers, and then us. I was thinking, since we are both wine lovers, to have the mothers each carry a small glass of wine up, with a bigger glass in the middle. Then during the music or whatever, we would pour the wine together into the big glass, and each take a drink. does this sound stupid? I just want something a little different!

Re: Unity Ceremonies.

• Options
    My friends did this at their wedding. It was nice! (except they didn't incorporate their mothers) they just poured 2 bottles of wine into a large decanter, then poured into glasses and each drank from the glasses. 
  • Options
    It's called a wine blending ceremony and talk with the person that is marring you they may have some good ideas on how to preform this. Seems to be something that is becoming more popular in wedding ceremonies, when we met with our JP/pastor today he actually suggested it as an alternative to the unity candle ceremony.
    Anniversarymy read shelf:
    Amanda P's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That's a great idea!
  • Options
    I think wine is a great idea. do what you want. There are no "rules" to wedding ceremonies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards