Moms and Maids

labels vs. handwritten invitations

What are your thoughts on using clear labels in a nice font instead of handwritten invitations.  Is this acceptable?

Re: labels vs. handwritten invitations

• edited December 2011
    I also think that labels on wedding invitations are not appropriate but I did cheat and order a computer software package that LOOKS like handwriting when you run the envelope through your home computer.  http://www.sagittal.com/envelopes.html .  Also it was much faster than doing by hand.  The package has ten different fonts...we used a different one for the save-the-date invitations than the actual wedding invitation envelopes.  Once you have a person's address in the program, you change font, etc. with just a click. 
  • lmd621lmd621 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No labels--too tacky. It is appropriate to hand write or at least make it look as close as possible to handwriting
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry - not a fan.

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of anything less important than whether the names are hand-written or on a label.  Anyone who would judge you for that isn't someone you'd want to come to the wedding anyway.  The envelope is just going in the trash at the end of the day anyway.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • KbrookKbrook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

• KbrookKbrook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not about judging - it's about taking the time to do things appropriately. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think clear labels are kind of cheap looking, sorry to say.  Some alternatives that are just as time and cost effective that don't look cheap:

1.  Run the envelopes straight through the printer.
    2.  Use labels that enhance the design element of the invitation.  This is the option we went for, I think there are some pics in my bio. 

My handwriting sucks, and to top it off, I'm left-handed, so I smear everything I write.  Hand-writing just wasn't a viable option for me, so I completely understand where you are coming from. 
  • aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i opted to not do the clear labels because they were not very clear against my bright pink envelopes and did look a little cheap.

that said, i still wanted them to look polished and nice and handwritten just wasn't going to give me the look i wanted. i found a great font to use and ran each envelope through our printer. in all honesty, it probably took longer to do that way than if i had handwritten them, and they came out looking exactly how i wanted. i also think it depends on the overall look & feel you're going for with your wedding. our is a small, informal (while still classy), bright, fun wedding. my invitations (including the envelopes) reflected that. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think printed labels are fine. The last three invitations I got had printed labels.  I was just happy my friends were getting married and they thought of me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards