Florida-West Coast

invitations

hello everyone,
the next thing on my to do list is to find invitations. I used Vistaprint for our save the date but the print was WAY smaller than what we had expected. So I am concerned on using Vistaprint again b/c we do not get a sample before ordering and I am afraid that the same thing will happen again. I am looking for cheap but yet great looking invitations. I think that all of the paper goods of a wedding are kind of a waste b/c no one keeps them. I know speaking for myself I have thrown out every invitations I have received so I figured everyone is going to do the same so why invest tons of money on something that is going to end in the garbage. We thought of buying the box of invitations at Michael's but we are afraid to print them ourselves and turn out bad. Any reasonable place in Tampa area that you guys have used? Thank you so much.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: invitations

• edited December 2011
    I did the Michael's invitation and they were so easy to do and fit my budget.  I used the 40% off coupon  for all that I purchased and bought an extra box in case there was a mistake.  we just have an Hp printer!  
  • AmandaG225AmandaG225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing...Michael's is great. When I got my invitations they were buy 1 get 1 free so I got all my invitations for $80! They always have to 40% coupons but since I got my invites (about 2 months ago), I've seen a couple different sales on invites. If you are not in a time crunch, I would watch the ads for a few weeks & see if they have another sale :)
    Anniversary
  • AmandaG225AmandaG225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always take the invites to Staples or Office Depot & have them print them
    Anniversary
  • sprat85sprat85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try notfromabox.com they were amazing to work with. They are located in St. Pete so you can actually go there and see their product before ordering. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I used invitationbox.com ---i don't like them at all but I am stuck because I cant spend more money to get different ones and i dont have the time...plus like you said, they just end up in the garbage...I got some samples from theamericanwedding.com and they were good quality paper and looked nice. i suggest if you use on-line give yourself time to order a sample and dont order one you have not seen a sample of...at least you can learn from my mistake :-) . i was going to use Michaels but none of their colors matched my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi- I was not in love with any of the Michaels or do-it-yourself invites but didn't want to spend tons of money on invites because as you said people throw them out.

Just to give you another idea we bought some linen cardstock and envelopes from paperandmore.com (you could also use cards and pockets) and designed our own invitation. We took the PDF file to a local printer who printed and cut the invitations and reply cards for us. They used thermography printing. We then added our own ribbon. It was very inexpensive and turned out great with a very classic clean look. You could also easily add your own backing if you want multiple layers.

Good luck!
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out etsy.com
    I found (I think) on there.
  • edited December 2011
    Staples and Office Depot have boxed invitations and they're really nice.  I think they're the same brand as Michael's and Jo-Ann's, but thr designs are different.
  • sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used some from Jo-Anns and had them printed.  Saved a ton of money and my guest have not stop talking about them.  They are competely shocked when I tell them I only had them printed and that I did everything else.  GOOD LUCK!!! 
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of finding plain ones that you can print out (seriously they are so easy to follow the directions to print, don't worry about that) and splurge a little on embellishments like a nice way to fix the closure or an interesting bellyband.  IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from michael's as well.  they were the black and white damask ones and since i am doing that with yellow, i just added yellow embellishments.

i know that some of the office supply stores, such as staples, have the print your own style, but they have more plain ones that would easily match to your colors with some embellishments.

good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I think I might stop by Michael's and look again and also go to staples to see how much they charge for printing. The good thing about Michael's is that I can return the box if I don't like the quality of the invitations. Thank you again everyone was very helpful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards