Wyoming
Options

Destination: Wyoming!

Hello everyone!!! My fiance and I have been engaged for about a year now and we are just now starting to plan our wedding day. As of right now we live in Texas but have plans to move to Iowa in the near future. We have both decided that the Jackson area would be a great location for our wedding. For the ceremony we are wanting to hopefully have it at the Chapel of the Transfiguration in Grand Teton Park. Has anyone heard of this place??? And does anyone have any pros or cons about it???? I love the rustic look of it and I think it would be perfect! As for our reception we are wanting to stay somewhere so that our guest will have plenty of fun activities to do while they are there for our wedding. We are thinking about 100 of our guests will come. Does anyone have any advice on venues and lodging???? I really appreciate the help Laughing

Re: Destination: Wyoming!

• Options
    Hi there! Welcome to the Wyoming board. Just a warning, that chapel is TINY. I don't think 100 guests will all fit inside. St. John's website says it seats 65 with additional seating outside. My photographer got married there and I think they had the ceremony outside of the chapel in order to accommodate their guests.

What kind of reception do you want to have (indoors or outdoors, formal or informal?) and what do you require as far as lodging goes? Snow King is close to town and they also have an alpine slide, putt putt course, ski lift, and horseback riding to amuse your guests. There are lots of places out at the village (Hotel Terra is where a friend of mine is having her reception and blocking her rooms). There are also a lot of activities out there - tram ride, downhill mountain biking, horseback rides, hiking
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wyoming_destination-wyoming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:134Discussion:42ebcad6-70f1-4542-bf0d-beead23ffed7Post:e7cd18f0-9dd0-4262-8c2f-238a2c57cfb8">Destination: Wyoming!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone!!! My fiance and I have been engaged for about a year now and we are just now starting to plan our wedding day. As of right now we live in Texas but have plans to move to Iowa in the near future. We have both decided that the Jackson area would be a great location for our wedding. For the ceremony we are wanting to hopefully have it at the Chapel of the Transfiguration in Grand Teton Park. Has anyone heard of this place??? And does anyone have any pros or cons about it???? I love the rustic look of it and I think it would be perfect! As for our reception we are wanting to stay somewhere so that our guest will have plenty of fun activities to do while they are there for our wedding. We are thinking about 100 of our guests will come. Does anyone have any advice on venues and lodging???? I really appreciate the help
    Posted by katatude32[/QUOTE]

The Chapel is beautifully situated and they do not make your guests buy the $25 park pass to enter! 

However, it's $3000 to rent, and $1000 to rent if you are already a member of the St. John's Episcopal Church.  It doesn't hold that maybe people either. 

Which area of Jackson do you want to have the wedding?  There's in the park (Dornan's or Jackson Lake Lodge), there's Teton Village (with tons of hotels), then there's in the town of Jackson itself.  There are some fancier places throughout the "Hole" (the valley part) such as Spring Creek and some of the all inclusive ranches.
  • Options
    You know what I did... I googled "Jackson Hole"  "weddding photographer." 

Then I went and looked at the blogs of all the photographers in the area.  It's a great way to check out ceremony locations and venue locations in photos. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! I want a Winter wedding with a budget. The Chapel I was hoping for isn't open in the Winter Cry So now I need help with everything! I have heard of Jackson having off seasons for weddings where everything is cheaper to book. Does anyone know anything about the off-seasons there? I am hoping to make a trip there this Winter to check everything out and possibly book a cite. I would like to have the ceremony and reception at the same place since me and all of my guest will be from out of town I don't want anyone worrying about transportation to different places. Maybe even have it at a resort where my guests can stay too???

P.S. This is so neat! I have never used a message board before.
  • Options
    Snow King has a ballroom and several conference rooms, and they have hotel rooms & condos to rent on site. I know the ballroom is not cheap to rent though, but I can't remember what we were quoted. Other than that, I would check out options at the village.

Just a warning, some people have a hard time booking vendors in our off seasons, as many people leave town, including catering staff. Also, it's off season for a reason-us locals call it "mud season." It can be rainy, yucky & muddy, or in a dry year it can be beautiful, but you never know.

Here is some good research from ginadog:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wyoming_winter-wedding-jackson-need-venues-approx-70-people

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wyoming_snake-river-lodge-spa-teton-village

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards