Nevada-Las Vegas

Knotties I need your help -- Vegas Limo frustration w. Bell Trans

Hi Everyone --

I'm stressing out big time and need your help. I was all set to book my limos and multitude of charter buses for my ceremony and reception in Vegas. I was ready to book with Bell Trans and when I called to find out more info they were a) very very rude and b) telling me that I need to PAY MORE PER HOUR becuase I was going outside of the immediate strip to go to the Paiute. This really is ridiculous -- how can you charge more per hour, depending on the destiation?! You are already paying PER HOUR. Where I go is my perogative!  Sounds like such a price gouge to me, specially when there is nothing of the sorts listed on their website. I said flat out, w the economy being what it is in Vegas, you'd rather lose a large sale like this instead of upping your hourly rate? The guy on the phone was adamant that he wouldn't negoiate!

Do you guys know of any other companies that have a cheap bus like they do? We really need it since we are going off strip for the ceremony.

Thanks so much for listening and for all your help!! I'm 61 days away -- having the ceremony at the Las Vegas Paiute and reception dinner @ Fleur De Lys, followed by cake and dancing at a Salon Suite at the Wynn Tower Suites! I'll be sure to post reviews when the big day arrives!! Sealed

Re: Knotties I need your help -- Vegas Limo frustration w. Bell Trans

• edited December 2011

You can try limos.com to compare vendors (but beware they have automatic responses for just about every vendor they show you).

I was all set to book with http://www.24-7limousines.com/ when I struck a deal with Planet Hollywood instead. I got one quote from 24-7 and then looked them up on limos.com and got a cheaper quote, which they said they would honor (which makes me think they will be willing to negotiate if needed) I know they have buses but don't know how big their fleet is, if it would accommodate your needs.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FYI - My photographer just posted a vent about Bell Trans on her Facebook...one of her friends commented and said the "Bell Family" pretty much have a monopoly on all the limo companies in Vegas (I guess they run them all) I don't know if this is true or not...but we have booked Presidential Limos based on my photog's recommendations. We're paying $110/hr for a party bus.

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sunny -- wow !! interesting that you say that becuase i noticed that the website for presidental and bell trans are eerily simliar -- i bet you money they are the same owners!! to be continued with bell trans ladies...they seem to be the only game in town with a bus that's not $150 an hour!!
  • edited December 2011
    Most places charge an hour and a half fee if it is outside of the city. I am paying and hour & a half fee that is what they all do even earth limos. Bell trans is the largest game in town and Paiute is a ways out there.

Heck earth limos said they could get me to my venue but weren't available to pick me up. I thought that was funny and they were going to charge me as much as i am paying bell trans for both trips. It was crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry you are having such an issue,

My FI used to be a cab driver and pretty much knows the ends and outs out destination transportation .  He says to go with alan waxler group http://www.awaxgrp.com/

They are the best with the quality of limos and limo buses and their customer service is out standing.  Stay away from presidential!!!
    Good luck

• threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if you really want a limo, we went with a double decker bus and had SO MANY complements on everything about them. Here is my full review from my Married bio: Ask me if you have anymore questions! 

Double Decker bus Website: www.DoubleDeckerBusofLasVegas.comComments/Reviews: Double Decker bus all the way!!! Their buses are $135/hr with a 2 hour minimum (that is an all inclusive price including-gratuity, fuel charges, ect), we booked it for 3 hours and it was perfect. The bus seats 72 people comfortably. (warning the top can get a little windy, but it sure is FUN). They have two buses one has Sprints' logo on it and the other has the Coors light logo, my DH is a huge fan of Coors, and with out even knowing that is the bus they sent, that was the icing on his and everyone else’s cake!! The driver even had a sign for us and they showed up early, stay just a little late, with no extra charge. I interacted with Michael via email, and received answers within a day of my questions. Here is what our day of transportation schedule looked like, proof in just how flexible they are (good thing they charged by the hour and not the mile)! Wedding party and VIPS were picked up from Plant Hollywood went to the Las Vegas sign got dropped off at MGM Grand/Conference center doors. After the shuttle dropped us off they drove over to PH to pick up the rest of the guests. They stayed at MGM until the ceremony was over then dropped the guests back off at Plant Hollywood Drove back over to MGM to pick up the wedding party and VIPS being the last trip from MGM to PH….A lot of driving on their part. Thankfully they charged by the hour, not mile! J
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sekceyes - why do you say to stay away from Presidential?
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They are owned by Bell Trans and bell trans owns alot of crappy cab and transportation services.

They have low class styles of limos (older ones)
    Their customer service is just ok
    They do alot of "pimping" meaning they will rush people around so that during their down time they can go pick up men to take them to strip clubs and make door fees. If they are in the middle of that they will leave you waiting even thought you have a scheduled pick up time.

Its just a crappy way of doing business.I would just avoid them.
  • edited December 2011
    hi ladies -- thanks for all the replies. the double decker sounds great but i need something much smaller and with the amount of transporation i need, im trying to save every penny!

so i think i am basically forced to go with bell trans because they are the only ones w a shuttle bus that's not super expensive. i have to set it all up in the next day or so i guess. what stinks also is iif you do it online, you have to pay in advance!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards