Wisconsin

Any help will be appreciated

I am looking for a hairstylist and make up person that does African American hair.  I have a girlfriend that does both and will only charge me $400 (me and my bridal party). Because she has never done hair for a wedding, I would rather go with a professional.  She is very good at doing hair. What should I do?

Re: Any help will be appreciated

• Do you have a regular salon you (or any of your bridal party members) go to? Start there. Explain the styles you're looking to have, and the timeframe you're working on for your wedding day. (Do you have 2 hours for hair? 5 hours? This will make a big difference)

Having only one person for hair and makeup for a bride & bridal party would likely be a bit too much for that stylist to take on.
  • I would suggest going to a salon with your bridal party. For one, that is a lot of work for one person, and if there are any snags it could throw off your entire schedule for the day. Also, I prefer to never mix business and friendship; if something went wrong (especially with your hair) it could potentially cause issus in the friendship.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • It's up to you but you could always ask her to do just hair or just makeup and have a professional do your hair. 

When is your wedding? If you have time, keep looking
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is May 11, 2011. I was thinking about the fact that is something was to go wrong might just cause an issue.
  • Going with one person for yourself and the entire party will be tough for one stylist. On my wedding day myself and one of my bridesmaids had our hair done by the same stylist and it ran longer than we thought (my briedsmaids hair appointment was at 7 and mines at 10. She had to stop doing my bridesmaids hair to do mine, then go back to the bridesmaids after mines was complete).
    My suggetion would be to split it up and have at least two stylist (ha Tami at Marquise Barber and Salon her number is 414-688-1075, tell her you're having your weddig soon and maybe she will have another stylist that can accomidate you and your wedding party if you are interested. Bare Essentials did my make up ( I'm African American) as were many of the makeup artist at the Bayshore Mall  location. The make up artist I used name was Ruby and she was amazing, did a great job on my make up and was finished 20 mins earlier that we planned. They can do a trial for you free of charge and on the wedding day they don't charge you for the make up but you will have to make a minimum purchase of $50.

Hope this helps :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_any-help-will-be-appreciated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:7fdb44d6-727c-436d-8347-9ddef83a5b84Post:4fd25d10-1a42-491d-b61e-266c85b9480a">Re: Any help will be appreciated</a>:
    [QUOTE]Going with one person for yourself and the entire party will be tough for one stylist. On my wedding day myself and one of my bridesmaids had our hair done by the same stylist and it ran longer than we thought (my briedsmaids hair appointment was at 7 and mines at 10. She had to stop doing my bridesmaids hair to do mine, then go back to the bridesmaids after mines was complete). My suggetion would be to split it up and have at least two stylist (ha Tami at Marquise Barber and Salon her number is 414-688-1075, tell her you're having your weddig soon and maybe she will have another stylist that can accomidate you and your wedding party if you are interested. Bare Essentials did my make up ( I'm African American) as were many of the makeup artist at the Bayshore Mall  location. The make up artist I used name was Ruby and she was amazing, did a great job on my make up and was finished 20 mins earlier that we planned. They can do a trial for you free of charge and on the wedding day they don't charge you for the make up but you will have to make a minimum purchase of $50. Hope this helps :)
    Posted by Benigrl28[/QUOTE]
    Thank you so much. Since I posted, I spoke to the make up people at Southridge's MAC location. They told me that they would do the same - free makeup with a $50 purchase.  I will still take a look at Bayshore, though.  I will give Tami a call.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards