California-Central

Cliffs Resort in Pismo Beach??

I've been desperately looking for a clifftop ceremony and reception location looking over the water. The Bacara in Santa Barbara is our dream spot, but it's double the price we can afford. Does anyone know if the Cliffs Resort in Pismo Beach is affordable for a 20,000-25,000 budget for 90-100 people?

Thanks!

Re: Cliffs Resort in Pismo Beach??

• edited December 2011
    I looked into the Cliffs Resort and remember it being WAY out of my budget (only $5000), but I'm sure yours will be fine! I can't remember exactly but I want to say doing both our ceremony and reception there for about 100 people was going to cost us a $8-9000. If you want something similar and a bit cheaper though you might want to check out the Best Western Shore Cliffs. I just went to a friends wedding there and it was beautiful!
    My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    HI I am actually holding my wedding there in October and for the amount of people you're having I think its possible. You get an even better deal if you hold it there on sunday. I love the cliffs and Anna (the coordinator) is completely awesome! We just had our tasting and I must say its one of the best foods i've tasted for a wedding.

I also checked out several places in the area at least four others and I completely fell in love with the Cliffs. The best westeron shore cliff's reception area is small and cramped. Plus the ceremony area smells like poo (there are a lot of pigeons that hang out there and I was warned about the place by a friend that lives in the area about the shore cliffs).

If you need anything else just send me a private message. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    If you like the Bacara you might want to also look into the Fess Parker Doubltree Resort in Santa Barbara.  It's not on a cliff but overlooks the water if you get married in the Plaza Del Sol on on the rotunda.  They also have a ballroom with 180 degree views of the ocean.  It's not as expensive as the Bacara and we loved having our wedding there - the staff, resort, and food were all beyond amazing.  Good luck with your location search!  The Cliffs Resort is beautiful too!
  • prg0630prg0630 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks so much for the info! I will definitely also check out the Best Western. It looks gorgeous from the pictures.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is pretty pricey, but ceremonies and receptions can also be held at Dinosaur Caves park just down the road in Shell Beach.  Since it is a public park, it should be inexpensive, but they still allow tents, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards