Virginia

Granby Theater

Has anyone looked at the Granby Theater for their wedding reception?  I contacted them but I'm impatient on waiting for a response!  Anyone have any idea how much it costs, if they allow outside catering, or if they allow you to bring your own alcohol etc?  Really any information anyone has would be appreciated!
Photobucket

Re: Granby Theater

• edited December 2011
    Why are you looking there? I thought you were using Madison Lofts??? Did I miss something on the May 2012 board?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Ughhh yes something happened!! haha.  I thought I posted on the May 2012 board but maybe I didn't!  The Madison Loft and Terrace called me last week and told me that they were no longer opening...EVER. So, now I have to find somewhere new to hold my reception.  A lot of venues have already booked my date now that we are a year out so I am super frustrated because I booked back in March!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I have no info on Granby Theater... but have you checked out Elements of Waterside or the Harrison Opera House?  I know both do weddings.  I think both are supposed to be really reasonable and I know the Opera house allows outside catering for sure.

Goodluck!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked into the harrison opera house and it is reasonably priced but I would have to rent EVERYTHING...I haven't looked into the Elements at waterside yet I will have to check that one out!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Just a heads up for anyone that was looking into booking here, I got to talk to the event coordinator there.  She said that Saturday is one of their busiest nights and that just to rent the venue on a Saturday would cost at least 10K.  Oh well...I tried lol
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_granby-theater?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:61c0a7a1-bb20-4875-b7e1-5ffedbc63be4Post:841a4ced-1793-407a-817c-61306a05a248">Re: Granby Theater</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ughhh yes something happened!! haha.  I thought I posted on the May 2012 board but maybe I didn't!  The Madison Loft and Terrace called me last week and told me that they were no longer opening...EVER. So, now I have to find somewhere new to hold my reception.  A lot of venues have already booked my date now that we are a year out so I am super frustrated because I booked back in March!
    Posted by greeneke2[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thats terrible! I was so excited, because I was thinking about using them too. If you like the whole theatre idea, there's a sort of hidden gem, but it's kinda out of the way. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just looked at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts. They have a really cool bi-level ballroom, and they have a gorgeous theatre, and they'll let you get married on the stage.  My wedding's small, so I was looking at using one of their galleries for my ceremony. </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I was super excited about using the Madison too!  I think Suffolk might be a little bit far of a drive from my ceremony!  I was torn between the Granby TheATER and the Water Table.  But the Granby theater just isn't in my budget!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Half Moone? I know it's in Norfolk, I just don't know where. 
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into the Half Moone but it is HUGE.  I ended up booking at the Water Table in Virginia Beach and it is perfect for me!  Thanks for all the advice though!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I was also put out by The Madison Loft and I ended up going with The Lesner Inn.  I had to change my wedding date though b/c Sat. Oct. 8th was taken.  I'm so happy to have another venue again!
  • edited December 2011
    I had to change my date as well.  I wanted May 19 but it seemed to be booked everywhere.  I just pushed it back a week and now I'm getting married May 26, 2012 Yay!  Its a huge relief that it is taken care of!
    Photobucket
  • asams01asams01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Greeneke2, Where are you having your ceremony at?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards