Virginia

VA Beach: Recommend a good bridal shop?

Hi -- I am getting married in VA Beach in June. I'll be in town over the Christmas and want to look for a gown.
Any suggestions for a really nice bridal shop? My budget is around $3000.
Thanks!

Re: VA Beach: Recommend a good bridal shop?

• lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LeStar Bridal on Virginia Beach Boulevard. I guess you're from the D.C. area based on what's under your user name and LeStar actually has a sisiter store in Alexandria where I found my dress (they are owned by cousins and the women are really nice). You can buy your dress at either store and they can transfer it for free! I bought my dress in D.C. and had it transferred to VA Beach for alterations since it's closer to my parents house and where I'm getting married.

You can look on their website to see what designers they carry and where both locations are. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip. I am actually in Norway, which unsurprisingly was not a location choice on the Knot. I will check out the LeStar website though!
  • edited December 2011
    Maya Couture on Military Hwy. in Norfolk is fabulous!
  • msmoore80msmoore80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
       The David's Bridal in Virginia Beach was very nice. I went there 3 times once to look at wedding gowns, once to look at BM gowns and a third time to change my BM gowns. I made an appointment the first two times and just walked in the third. The person who was "assigned" to me each time was very helpful and got me everything I needed. I was even allowed to use undergarments like the strap-less bra and a slip/crinoline. I know that David's usually gets a lot of bad reviews but I really think it depends on the location. I was very impressed with the amount of service I got.
    Phone:
    757-455-8411
    David's Bridal
    5957 Virginia Beach Blvd.
    Military Crossing S/C

Norfolk, VA 23502

Also while looking for gowns I went into All The Rage (on Laskin Rd) and received less service there. I had an appointment but was basically left to find my own dresses to try on and received no help. There was no one else in the store except for me, my sister, and the 2 ladies working there that day.
       Another Dress shop I tried out was Ellis Fashions and Fotos. They are in Prince George though, which is about an hour or so away from VA Beach. They were also very helpful. I was looking for a specific Alfred Angelo gown and the had it waiting for me when I arrived. The owner even gave me a piece of swatch to match my dress color to other things like the BM dresses. HTH!
    Ellis Fashons & Fotos
    4004 Prince George Dr
    (804) 452-1231
    www.ellisff.com
  • beccastu06beccastu06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Maya Couture!!!!  Wonderful selection of dresses, and great "all-inclusive" pricing on gowns that include alterations, storage, pressing, etc.  Also has a florist & wedding planner in the store so it's a one stop shop.  
  • edited December 2011
    Excellent, I will try Maya Couture! Thanks.
    What about Pure English? Has anyone heard much about them?
  • courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffanys Bridal at Port Warwick is really nice if you are willing to drive to the Peninsula.  The ladies there are really helpful and nice, and they have a good dress selection.

http://www.tiffanysonthesquare.com/

I would definitely reconmend them

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used Pure English for her gown and BM gowns.  Pricey!!
    I would also HIGHLY recommend checking out Blush Bridal Boutique in Newport News (Port Warwick). It's a consignment shop and it's where I found my gown.  It was never worn and retailed for $1200.  I got it for half that price.
    They also have accessories, shoes, BM dresses and MOB dresses.
  • ktschaferktschafer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the All the Rage on Laskin, but the All the Rage in Chesapeake (Greenbrier) area is awesome. All of the girls in there are completely there to serve you. The shop is small, but they have a lot of choices, and are willing to accommodate you in any way they can. 

Their prices range from $600 to like $1700, so you'd definitely come in under budget. They have brands like Casablanca, Mori Lee, Maggie Sotterro, and Alfred Angelo. Just an opinion, but I think they are much better quality than David's Bridal gowns, and aren't that much more expensive. I've had a great experience with All the Rage in Chesapeake. 
  • jameenpauliejameenpaulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently purchased my gown for my May 2010 wedding at Pure English and have had an amazing experience so far.  I came across the store in my hunt for a dress I saw on Say Yes to the Dress.  The employee helping me was with me through all of my "visits" and helped me pick out the perfect veil for my dream dress. 

My best friend bought hers from All the Rage and had a great experience too.
  • edited December 2011
    I visited All the Rage on Laskin Rd. 3 different times and ended up getting my dress there... I actually loved the store and the sales people. They were awesome.

The store gets really busy on the weekends so if you could, I would make an appointment at the earliest time possible.
  • nicholraynicholray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely agree with Maya Couture. They are fantastic and have a wide selection.
    I had a horrific experience at Davids Bridal when I went. It was so disappointing too since it was the first time I was trying on dresses.My sales girl was not helpful at all...we had to pull and carry all the dress selection, my sister had to help me get in them, and the girl kept disappearing. I had no idea going in what type of dress would look good on my body style and they were absolutely no help there at all.
    I ended up getting my dress from a shop around the corner from my house that had been there for 35 years or so (according to the owner) and unfortunately they just closed and I didn't get them to alter my dress, so now am looking for someone to do that.
    GOod luck on your dress hunt!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://norfolk.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_va-beach-recommend-good-bridal-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:71ff9bcb-827b-4eca-996e-5278f6eb289bPost:3c8e66e4-9c1e-4624-9595-0119989d8335">Re: VA Beach: Recommend a good bridal shop?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maya Couture on Military Hwy. in Norfolk is fabulous!
    Posted by sunflower1998[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree. They were so sweet and professional when I went for my dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards