Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

NWR: Baby superstitions

2»

Re: NWR: Baby superstitions

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-baby-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:62118949-e15a-4eb6-8f77-f8683591fccaPost:47ec3e2c-b189-46e1-bbad-3e31b5d1c9e2">Re: NWR: Baby superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mexicans have so many  and the're silly superstitions. Well now that I think about it, I don't know if they are Mexican or my aunts just thought of.
    Posted by Tia_Chica[/QUOTE]

Silly or not, what are they?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-baby-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:62118949-e15a-4eb6-8f77-f8683591fccaPost:699ad9ab-feee-4107-b647-ca429a299834">Re: NWR: Baby superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure I believe all the superstitions but I do agree about not naming them with certain names.  I will never name my boy anything that ends in "den"!  "Aiden" "Braden" "Hayden", ect!  Those were the worst boys ever at the daycare and my nephew is Hayden and he is a handful also! We have already told our name to people even though we aren't pregnant but that is because the name means a lot to both of us and my whole family.  If we have a boy (guess we will be trying right at ovulation) we are going to name him after my step dad and DH's dad who have both passed. 
    Posted by danac2010[/QUOTE]

I dont think that a name has anything to do with how a child acts, its how their parents teach them. I have a 22 month old son whose name is Jayden. of course he has his days, but every child does.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-baby-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:62118949-e15a-4eb6-8f77-f8683591fccaPost:8932b138-06f3-4076-9b0c-55e8fa24b766">Re: NWR: Baby superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In the event that we decide to have children, it will be one and done...I'll keep the sweet potatoes tip to myself.<strong> If I pass that on, FI would put them on my plate for each meal so that we could have as many as possible all at once to conceive the soccer team that he secretly longs for</strong>. I guess at that point I could wear a Kate wig to remind him of what kind of train wreck that would all turn into. I never heard that you should call the baby by its' eventual name before the birth, thats pretty interesting.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I seriously LOL'ed out loud. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I totally heard of the yams thing. It was a trivia question on the show I didn't know I was pregnant. I haven't really heard of anything else. I totally argree with the name thing. I will NEVER name my child Jaylen! I am a teacher and every time I see that name I'm like oh crappers. Even when I did daycare before I started teaching that was my first Jaylen and things have never changed. I know the name doesn't constitute the behavior BUT it's just the nightmares I mean memories tied to the name haha
    figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
    image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
    RSVP Date October 15th
  • jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I want twins! I better start eating sweet potatos. I do get them everytime I go to Studio Moive Grill.
    My FI is worried about the one where the cat would smother the baby. He keeps saying "When you get pregnant the cat has to go." I told him NO, we need to be with the baby at all times if the cat is in the room and not allow the cat in the baby room

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards