Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Officiant outfit

Getting married on the beach with a few close friends & relatives to watch. I requested that the minister wear a Christian robe. Just wondering what people think of this.
06/24/04

Re: Wedding Officiant outfit

• Options
    I think your minister should wear whatever he deems appropriate.  I would assume he's officated enough weddings to know what proper attire is.  It's almost insulting to request something of him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-officiant-outfit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:0d4d416b-ee02-48a8-af2c-bfbdf6fee49cPost:77930eef-d904-4450-96d9-6d3fd84793fa">Re: Wedding Officiant outfit</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your minister should wear whatever he deems appropriate.  I would assume he's officated enough weddings to know what proper attire is.  It's almost insulting to request something of him.
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

co-signed,
    shortee
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with HZ as well. Also you should consider taking your email out of your SN, internet safety and all that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-officiant-outfit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:0d4d416b-ee02-48a8-af2c-bfbdf6fee49cPost:77930eef-d904-4450-96d9-6d3fd84793fa">Re: Wedding Officiant outfit</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your minister should wear whatever he deems appropriate.  I would assume he's officated enough weddings to know what proper attire is.  It's almost insulting to request something of him.

This.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ditto HZ. Besides, not all ministers even have robes, and not all of those who do would necessarily feel comfortable wearing them outside of the church.
  • Options
    Ditto the others.  There may even be regulations (not the word I'm looking for, but you get my meaning) about whether or not he can wear the robes outside of the church.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the responses. He actually gave me the option of a suit or robe. I just wanted to know what everyone thought of him wearing a robe for the beach wedding. 
    06/24/04
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-officiant-outfit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:0d4d416b-ee02-48a8-af2c-bfbdf6fee49cPost:2b73cfc4-e935-44e1-80d9-22a2c728d48b">Re: Wedding Officiant outfit</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much for the responses. He actually gave me the option of a suit or robe. I just wanted to know what everyone thought of him wearing a robe for the <strong>beach wedding</strong>. 
    Posted by trishtowne@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

I think he will look over dressed, and if it's a hot day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-officiant-outfit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:0d4d416b-ee02-48a8-af2c-bfbdf6fee49cPost:ae8f604d-9d1d-4503-9e7e-0e1d5ae5b0fb">Re: Wedding Officiant outfit</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Officiant outfit : I think he will look over dressed, and if it's a hot day.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It'll be about 65 degrees & partly cloudy (this Christmas eve)</div>
    06/24/04
  • Options
    Oh, well if he asked, that's totally different. I would probably tell him to do whatever makes him most comfortable on the day of because I don't think anyone will care.
  • Options

If he gave you the option, then I'd select whichever you like best since he will be in the background of some of your pictures.  Personally, I think it'd be annoying to wear a long robe on a beach.

• Options
    I don't think it's something anyone will even remember or think of. I would just tell him whichever he is more comfortable wearing and leave it at that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-officiant-outfit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:0d4d416b-ee02-48a8-af2c-bfbdf6fee49cPost:77930eef-d904-4450-96d9-6d3fd84793fa">Re: Wedding Officiant outfit</a>:

<div>Quoted for emphasis. Ditto.  </div>
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Personally, for a beach wedding I wouldn't expect anyone to wear a suit.  When we were discussing a beach wedding, we were talking chinos and linen shirts.  What are the male BP members wearing?  I'd have the minister match that level of dressiness, or I'd tell the minister that you trust him and to choose what he'll be most comfortable in.
  • Options
    Ditto the others. I think he will know how to dress.
  • Options
    CMGr--she's not a bridezilla, the minister asked. mine asked too.

OP--i'd tell them to wear whatever they're comfortable with, but looks like you've already requested specific clothing so it really doesn't matter now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards