Snarky Brides

Lame, but easy - do it.

Let's bring out every one for an easy one...

How old are you?
FI/BF/H?
How old are/were you when you are married?

Does age matter?

Re: Lame, but easy - do it.

• How old are you? 26
    FI/BF/H? 25
    How old are/were you when you are married? see above

Does age matter? maturity matters. 

Thanks, Meag, that WAS easy!
  • How old are you? 24
    FI/BF/H? 25
    How old are/were you when you are married? 22 and 23 respectively

Does age matter? To a point, yes.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • How old are you? 25
    FI/BF/H? 25
    How old are/were you when you are married? 24

Does age matter? Yes. Peoeple will argue it doesn't, but I think it does. Heck, my parents were married at 19 and are STILL married 44 years later. That was a different time.

• How old are you? 29
    FI/BF/H? 39
    How old are/were you when you are married? will still be the same age

Does age matter? nope... i use to think it did, but then met FH... Laughing
  • How old are you? 33
    FI/BF/H? 36
    How old are/were you when you are married? 32

Does age matter? Well, I used to only date people who were younger than me but I have to say dating someone around my age is much better. Now, if an 18 is dating a 30 year old, I say ewww. If a 30 year old is dating a 43 year old, I say meh.

• How old are you? 36
    FI/BF/H? 35
    How old are/were you when you are married? same

Does age matter? Only if you let it.
  • I'm 24.  H is 25.  We were both 24 when we got married.  

Age matters in maturity and goals sometimes, but not all the time.  We're both mature for our age, which is reflected in our life choices.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • trinalotrinalo member
    First Comment
    I am 25.
    FI is 24.
    He will turn 25 about 2 weeks after we are married.

The older you get, the less age matters. Unless you're 90 and your SO is like 25.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:60051135-4c67-447f-83bb-1390b16d82d5">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am 25. FI is 24. He will turn 25 about 2 weeks after we are married. The older you get, the less age matters. <strong>Unless you're 90 and your SO is like 25.</strong>
    Posted by trinalo[/QUOTE]

Way to crush my future 90 year old dreams.
  • How old are you? I'm uhh....::whispers:: 30.

FI/BF/H? He's 34.

How old are/were you when you are married? 28.

Does age matter? I know the RIGHt answer is no, but I think on some level it does.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • How old are you?30
    FI/BF/H?25
    How old are/were you when you are married?we will be 26 and 31

Does age matter?I would say no.  At first our age difference bothered me but now I am really used to it.  I am a cradle robber!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How old are you? 31
    FI/BF/H? 25
    How old are/were you when you are married? will be 32 and 26

Does age matter? not to us. Seems to matter to other people sometimes. My dad was 12 years older than my mom. Nobody cared about that. It always seems people care when the woman is older than the man. I only care because of the implications related to TTC. Other than that, meh. Oh, and my mom died at 55. That scares the crap out of me. But that would scare me regardless of the age difference.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:5f79e01a-49c8-4b4d-812e-8ce3b2a32add">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old are you? 31 FI/BF/H? 25 How old are/were you when you are married? will be 32 and 26 Does age matter? not to us. Seems to matter to other people sometimes. My dad was 12 years older than my mom. Nobody cared about that. It always seems people care when the woman is older than the man. I only care because of the implications related to TTC. Other than that, meh. Oh, and my mom died at 55. That scares the crap out of me. But that would scare me regardless of the age difference.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]
    Numbers-we are both cradle robbers LOL
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2010
    OH HAI!!!

How old are you? 26
    FI/BF/H? H is 28 (duh im stupid I answered it wrong the first time)
    How old are/were you when you are married? 24

Does age matter? To some extent, but not at a lot. As long as you get along
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:8cbf2b13-f5ff-44ea-a11a-3ccf10442642">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lame, but easy - do it. : Numbers-we are both cradle robbers LOL
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah...I call him my Ashton...

</div>
  • HI NEBB!!!!  (Yes, that did call for yelling.)  How you doin?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    How old are you?  31
    FI/BF/H?  27
    How old are/were you when you are married?  I'll be 32
    Does age matter?  I don't think it does.  If you makes you happy, love it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used to say I was being trendy by having a younger FI.  After 5 years I don't even notice anymore
  • NebbNebb member
    Im good, I am sitting around in my spanx stretching them out for the weekend with a pair of shorts overtop. It looks AWESOME.

I was apparently summoned over here and I was told people wanted to make out with me, so here I am!
  • Hey Fishy and Nebb! YAY!
  • NEBBBBBBBB ::more yelling::

Do you know it is weird that after all these years I did not realize we were so close in age? It must be your wise nature that makes you seem older than me.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:d74fd6b6-feda-41c7-b1dc-79a9687a92b2">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]NEBBBBBBBB ::more yelling:: Do you know it is weird that after all these years I did not realize we were so close in age? It must be your wise nature that makes you seem older than me.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Funny that you say that because im such a sarcastic jackass in real life and come off quite immature. I am glad I appear wiser through my computer :)
  • How old are you? 29
    FI/BF/H? 35
    How old are/were you when you are married? 30 & 36

Does age matter? with us no
  • I am happy I didn't get married when I was younger (like early 20s).  But that is me. I don't expect others to follow the same path.

I do think there is too much divorce in the world. But I think that has to do with more than just age.
  • That they did.  You should answer my poll IHO Cew.  Call her a bitch.  I hear that gets her off.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:13e3f6b2-e9ed-40ad-8e3c-bb4e7b02712f">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lame, but easy - do it. : Funny that you say that because im such a sarcastic jackass in real life and come off quite immature. I am glad I appear wiser through my computer :)
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Eh, me too. I just convince myself that it is really THEM who are not gorwn up enough to have grown a thicker skin and appreciate the ribbing.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:2d1cfa83-ddae-4fd5-939e-916971d9e498">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lame, but easy - do it. : Eh, me too. I just convince myself that <strong>it is really THEM who are not gorwn up enough to have grown a thicker skin and appreciate the ribbing.</strong>
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Its really true!
  • How old are you? 21
    FI/BF/H? 25
    How old are/were you when you are married? getting married later this year

Does age matter? i always wanted to be older when i got married, but i just as much as u dont choose who you fall in love with , its when and our circumstances mean we get married now....I think age can matter sometimes my fi was married at 16 ( WHAAAA) i barely knew anything about the opposite sex at that age...and divorced at 21... but difference in age noit doesnt, well only if you let it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:93608648-125a-4406-b3e9-5a982ee951ca">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old are you? 21 FI/BF/H? 25 How old are/were you when you are married? getting married later this year Does age matter? i always wanted to be older when i got married, but i just as much as u dont choose who you fall in love with , its when and our circumstances mean we get married now...<strong>.I think age can matter sometimes my fi was married at 16 ( WHAAAA) i barely knew anything about the opposite sex at that age...and divorced at 21...</strong> but difference in age noit doesnt, well only if you let it.
    Posted by abbiewebster[/QUOTE]

Who Lee crappola.
    Also, using 'u' is a tip off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lame-but-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1510853f-7d99-44c0-9ce4-9ad37c3914f9Post:93608648-125a-4406-b3e9-5a982ee951ca">Re: Lame, but easy - do it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old are you? 21 FI/BF/H? 25 How old are/were you when you are married? getting married later this year Does age matter? i always wanted to be older when i got married, but i just as much as u dont choose who you fall in love with , its when and our circumstances mean we get married now....I think age can matter sometimes my fi was married at 16 ( WHAAAA) i barely knew anything about the opposite sex at that age...and divorced at 21... but difference in age noit doesnt, well only if you let it.
    Posted by abbiewebster[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can get married at 16?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards