New York-Long Island

vineyard venue help!

Hi to all my wives-to-be!  My fiance and I are looking for a unique venue that isn't your typical catering hall that offers fish, chicken or beef.  We like vineyards, castles, and anything different that one can suggest.  We'll even consider restaurants, museums, etc.  Ideally, we want to have it at my family's home but problem is ... my family is from Orange County NY; his from Queens, NY.  We ideally would like something in between but are open to any suggestions for Orange, Rockland, Westchester or Long Island. 

HELP!

Re: vineyard venue help!

• lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shortcakes, you posted on the LI board, so I'm assuming you'll only get LI help here.

Oheka castle is in Syosset.   I know Pelligrini does weddings out at the vineyards.
    But there are a ton of little wineries now and I bet ALL of them do weddings.  You should check out LIWEDDINGS.com for venues.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    oheka is in huntington.
    coindre hall, vanderbilt mansion in centerport, maybe some of the vineyards out east but that would be a pita for all of those from upstate.
    there are some places in sleepy hollow upstate. check there.

• edited December 2011
    You can have your wedding in the airplane hanger museum. i think it is in farmingdale. I just went wine tasting yesterday and the vineyards out are beautiful. Martha Clara, Macari, Vineyard 48, Jamesport, Bedell just to name a few. Some people like Atlantis Aquarium in Riverhead. If you both are into amusement parks you can have your wedding at Adventureland or Six Flags in NJ. Thats about all i can think of that would be different
  • edited December 2011

My fiance and I have the same aims you have, something different.  We searched many wineries (North Fork, LI).  Many beautiful options but LOTS of leg work in terms of coordination.
    We opted for The Vineyards in Aquebogue since they catered the event, unlike other wineries.  We're really happy with our choice!!

As far as something more west you may want to look into Brotherhood Wineries.
    It's near Woodbury Commons upstate and beautiful!!!!
    They are renovating right now to be able to cater to larger events but do have weddings currently.

Not sure your budget but LOTS of places in the city that look amazing as well.
    The Palm House (at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden)
    Tribeca Rooftop (Tribeca, NY)

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Brecknock Hall in Greenport, its a historical mansion, if its larger than 100 you'll need a tent (or an in with the weather gods) Diane the coordinator is great and has been so helpfull, and it is a relatively blank slate (it has been renovated, but very nuetral) and you have access to set up and break down the wedding for 2 days before and 2 days after, which aleviates alot of pressure when planning a plan it yourself wedding :-) I love it. They are booking up fast for 2011
  • bobbiannbobbiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Brecknock Hall too.  I love it!  I would love to hear what vendors you are using Hollandgirl.  :)
  • Hey ladies! I will be getting married at Brecknock Hall this coming September and curious to know what vendors you are using/or used?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards