Texas-Austin

Need opinions on matching Groomsmen suits

Hey girls, we're having an outdoor wedding in May, and the girls are wearing knee-length golden yellow dresses.  The whole thing will be very fresh and sweet.  I was thinking navy suits would look best, and fortunately after trying on different color suits/tux, that's exactly what the FI likes most and looks best in.

He loves this navy pinstripe suit, but it's a little pricey.  We can swing it, but I'm worried about the groomsmen.  Even with a great deal, they'd still be spending more than I think some of them would like.  I have seen pix where the groomsmen each wore their own navy suit, that way they can buy one they can afford.  BUT, those were all solid navy.  How do you think it would look if the groom wore navy pinstripes, and the groomsmen wore solid navy?  The FI prefers for them all to wear the same suit, but I'm wondering if this is an option.

If you know of any pix on here or somewhere else of this kind of mismatch, that would be great!

Re: Need opinions on matching Groomsmen suits

• edited December 2011
    I think it would look fine. Especially if it is a fine pinstripe, it won't be very noticeable. My FI originally wanted to wear a gray pinstriped suit and have the groomsmen in solid gray so that he could stand out, but they all ended up getting the same suit in the end and FI just got a different tie.

Where have you looked for suits? I searched all over town trying to find the best deal on suits that would be available in a large variety of sizes and found MODA at Lakeline Mall. They gave us a 3 piece suit, a shirt and a tie for $199.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think it will look just fine if the groom doesnt match the groomsmen. The bride doesnt match the bridesmaids either. I think its nice to have you both stand apart from the other attendants. Good luck!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    I think that the pinstripes would look fine next to solid navy.  At least they will be similarly dressed. My FI now wants to wear a kilt (black & blue) when everyone else will be wearing chocolate brown. ~SIGH~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards