Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs

Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs

• Options
    seesawgirlseesawgirl member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I am irrationally irritated at DH. During all of this new doctor research, he is maintaining that I should go see the same doctor he has seen since he was in junior high. No, sorry, I don't want someone that has known you the majority of your life looking at my lady parts, thanks. The dude is a 60ish year old man. Gross. He doesn't understand why I am so weirded out by the thought of that. Edited for spelling and clarity.
  • Options
    I'm rationally irritated that I only needed about 2 weeks worth of class to properly do my final today. I totally kicked ass but I learned nothing in that course. The final was so easy, which is good, but pissed me off that it was such a waste of time. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:82f639b0-241b-414b-8996-5f306f2a2212">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Along with "whoa" I get irrationally irritated with the large number of people who spell "oops" "opps."  I am really annoyed with facebook in general right now.  I hate the showing of what videos people watch, articles people read, etc. I just don't care that much. <strong> And if you click on an article, you can't just read it without installing an app.</strong> It's just annoying.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I hate this. I clicked on an article a few weeks ago and I went to install the app and I got timelined because of it. I was pissed.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I am obviously irrationally irritated by the ubiquitousness of cream cheese at potlucks. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh, I hate when TV leaves too. A LOT. All that is left in the summer is BB and Master Chef. Which are both trashy reality tv so it doesn't let me properly 'escape'. 
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I'm also irritated at my iPhone FB app.  Does this happen to anyone else?  If I click on a picture that's been added to an album (usually someone's mobile picture album), it doesn't take me that picture, which would be the most recently added picture.  It takes me to the end of the album or the oldest picture.  If I actually want to see the picture that I wanted to see, I have to scroll through all the pictures.  If there's 60 pictures in the album, that's a lot of scrolling.  I usually give up and decide to look at it when I get home.
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:39658eec-3314-409f-96b0-fbefeb618784">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate nom but I think legit is legit.  This is rational but I hate the fucking USPS. My H set up our mail forwarding and it was supposed to go into effect at the end of May. I haven't gotten anything in the mail for two weeks now. WTF. And I broke my phone case so I ordered a new one and SPECIFICALLY sent it to our apartment in VA because that's where I need it and I'm sure they will just forward it to Florida. They also randomly forwarded all of my landord's mail to Vermont for no good reason (the mail carrier was on vacation?) so my rent check hasn't been deposited. Fvck you Post Office!  Also, I don't know where this fits in, but giving 6+ weeks notice might be the stupidest thing I've ever done. 
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

Mine is post office related.  Our new neighbor wants to put up a mailbox and has talked DH into putting one up too.  WTF? The post office is less than a mile away, we are the only two houses back here, I am used to the PO BOX, plus I live in mortal fear of identity theft!  I don't want the damn mailbox - I will gladly pay the yearly fee. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:89d591cb-7bf6-4fc6-a168-96b0200b7c49">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irrationally irritated that FI hasn't gotten his hair cut yet and says he will go sometime Friday, I know he'll get it done, but I just wish it was getting done now...yep I know that's irrational and silly.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

Ordinarily, that might be irrational, but I'd probably feel the same way 3 days before the wedding. You just want to be certain that he doesn't put it off til the last minute, have something come up that he can't go, and then have him show up with shaggy hair to the wedding.
  • Options
    Post office hate is always rational, I think. The post office sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:75d0c388-7b62-44d1-917a-65513f1c14bb">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : Mine is post office related.  Our new neighbor wants to put up a mailbox and has talked DH into putting one up too.  WTF? The post office is less than a mile away, we are the only two houses back here, I am used to the PO BOX, plus I live in mortal fear of identity theft!  I don't want the damn mailbox - I will gladly pay the yearly fee. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

<div>This is weird to me. But I've never NOT had a mailbox.</div>
  • Options
    Diatribe.  Ubiquitousness.  There is a plethora of vocabulary words being used today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:75d0c388-7b62-44d1-917a-65513f1c14bb">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : Mine is post office related.  Our new neighbor wants to put up a mailbox and has talked DH into putting one up too.  WTF? The post office is less than a mile away, we are the only two houses back here, I am used to the PO BOX, plus I live in mortal fear of identity theft!  I don't want the damn mailbox - I will gladly pay the yearly fee. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh yay you're back. 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm irritated that Obama waited until the dumbfucks in NC voted to NOW publicly support gay marriage. 
  • Options
    I'm (rationally, I think) irritated that the dad of the girls I watch on Wednesdays never cleans their high chair trays after breakfast. He leaves whatever they didn't eat sitting there, so food gets caked on, and then I have to get it off before I can feed them lunch. It's annoying, plus food mess really grosses me out. Yet I was a waitress and now a nanny of young children... go figure.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:48fd8e6a-a112-4d78-a529-61eee494fe25">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that Obama waited until the dumbfucks in NC voted to NOW publicly support gay marriage. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>He did this? Where? When? Link?</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:8b5db7c8-f1d0-48c8-be30-3dbcfcb0f4c8">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : He did this? Where? When? Link?

<div>
    </div><div><a href="http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/09/obama-same-sex-couples-should-have-right-to-marry/?hpt=hp_t1" rel="nofollow">http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/09/obama-same-sex-couples-should-have-right-to-marry/?hpt=hp_t1</a></div>
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:1bceeffc-8a99-48ec-9c0e-9db757f83533">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : Oh yay you're back. 

Blame it on The Nest - I cannot do anything with the new format.

I promise to contain myself - can I stay?

I think everyone's irrational irritations are totally rational. At least so far.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:48fd8e6a-a112-4d78-a529-61eee494fe25">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that Obama waited until the dumbfucks in NC voted to NOW publicly support gay marriage. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, that's annoying. He also cancelled coming to our state this past week. He didn't directly say so but my guess is he didn't want to be hounded on his opinion of the amendment. </div>
  • Options
    Good for him. Shitty timing though. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm irritated, but I think rationally, at the people I eat lunch with who had NO idea about the amendment in NC. I mean, I get that we can't vote on it and it doesn't immediately affect us in NJ, but you really had no idea at all what was going on?
  • Options
    Yeah, really crappy timing. Way to do it after an entire state just lost the rights. 
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:dbabe294-d78e-45a1-bb8f-99c9bf97b84e">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : You don't know how much that pisses me off.  It definitely borders on irrational.  <strong>I just want to read the damn article!  Also, the video thing is definitely irritating.</strong>  I don't get why I need to see what weird videos my friends watch.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Dude. YES. I'd like to be able to read articles my friends post without having to install an app that's going to tell them I spend most of my day reading lame gossip articles.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That is some interesting timing, Obama.  Seems kinda shady to me.
  • Options
    I just watched a video about a pit bull that saved her owner after the owner fell unconscious onto train tracks, by pushing and pulling her off.  Pup was hit by the train (owner was uninjured) and lost a leg, but will be able to walk again. I judge myself for reading these stories when I know they will make me cry. 
  • Options
    I judge my lazy ass coworker who claims to be "very very busy" all the time but produces absolutely nothing.  And I judge my bosses for being fully aware of her behavior but doing nothing about it for a year.

I am also irrationally irritated by FI, who wont let me go dress shopping with my mom and grandma when we go home in a few weeks. I know its way early, which is why it is irrational, but I only get home once a year (twice if I am lucky) and they have kindly offered to help pay for my dress so they have to be with me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm rationally irritated that the law in NC even passed...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm so irritated when people make gifs their sigs.  I feel like I'm having a seizure watching a short video clip on loop.  The movement is distracting.  I wish there was a "freeze a gif!" option for sigs.
  • Options

I'm irrationally irritated that people think anything with cream cheese is the devil!

Also I am rationally irritated in going through expense reports. I hate seeing what these people are blowing company money on. Its insane!  Luckily this was not a part of my normal tasks, its so boring AND annoying I think I would have quit by now if I had to do this regularly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:11d9715c-368a-4f89-af31-dced8fa79fe8">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge my lazy ass coworker who claims to be "very very busy" all the time but produces absolutely nothing.  And I judge my bosses for being fully aware of her behavior but doing nothing about it for a year. I am also irrationally irritated by FI, who wont let me go dress shopping with my mom and grandma when we go home in a few weeks. I know its way early, which is why it is irrational, but I only get home once a year (twice if I am lucky) and they have kindly offered to help pay for my dress so they have to be with me.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

He won't let you?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:be87749a-ec15-4957-8378-87a73763f67b">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : He won't let you?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>My sentiments exactly.</div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards