New Jersey
Options

DJ Recommendations and General Cost Ideas

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Platinum Entertainment, AJH Entertainment, or Dash of Class?  Any pros and cons for any? Also we are open to any other recommendation.  We are looking for someone who will play a good mix of music for most of the night but would like a club atmosphere for the last hour.  

I was at a wedding this past weekend and a family member of the bride said that the dj cost almost $8,000 and I almost fell off of my chair.  My FI and I were hoping to spend $2,500-$3,500 but were hoping that would get us some lighting and a gobo etc.  Anyone have an idea of whether or not the estimated cost for this is?  We are having a Friday night wedding in December.

TIA!!!!

Re: DJ Recommendations and General Cost Ideas

• Options
    Definetely check out POSH entertainment, Mikey B is amazing....we spent $3,000 for dj, full uplighting, and photo booth
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    For that budget I highly recommend Paul Anthony Entertainment. We had him plus uplighting plus acoustics for our ceremony for a similar budget.
  • Options
    I am paying $3,000 for Elite sound Entertainment and that includes ceremony and cocktail hour, lighting, gobo, walking on the clouds

I also met w/ SCE and I was quoted $3300 for the same package and Posh Entertainment I was quoted $3450
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh phew... I was beginning to have a panic attack since our budget is not that big! Thanks for putting my mind at ease!
  • Options
    I also recommend Elite Sound Entertainment which is definitely in your budget. 

My friend used them for her wedding in January and they were amazing! My FI and I met with them a week later and booked them on the spot. 

• Options
    I love working with Angel at Diverse Entertainment. He was awesome at my sisters wedding and is in your price range for what you're looking for. They are really just top notch. If you meet with him let him know Heather Y. sent you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards