Sports Weddings
Options

Baltimore Ravens themed Wedding

Does anyone have any ideas about football themed weddings without football overshadowing the elegance of it.  Our colors are purple, black, white, with a hint of gold. We love our Baltimore Ravens and have so far come up with our Ravens tickets save-the-dates, people signing footballs instead of a guestbook, Ravens garter, and each table being named after a Ravens player. Does anyone have any ideas about centerpieces?  I want them to be a little classy, but also incorporate the Ravens/football as well. I don't want ppl to think they're at a tailgating party instead of a wedding reception.

Re: Baltimore Ravens themed Wedding

• Options
    I am also doing a Ravens wedding..we are doing black for the groom and grooms men i will be in a gold dress and my briedesmaids will be in purple...the center pieces we are doing are purple flowers floating tall vases with floating candels on top<div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_sports-weddings_baltimore-ravens-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:672Discussion:6093acab-91c9-4756-bd73-a889577ff53dPost:c83e993b-b623-4684-b43d-b1e24fa72ec2">Baltimore Ravens themed Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any ideas about football themed weddings without football overshadowing the elegance of it.  Our colors are purple, black, white, with a hint of gold. We love our Baltimore Ravens and have so far come up with our Ravens tickets save-the-dates, people signing footballs instead of a guestbook, Ravens garter, and each table being named after a Ravens player. Does anyone have any ideas about centerpieces?  I want them to be a little classy, but also incorporate the Ravens/football as well. I don't want ppl to think they're at a tailgating party instead of a wedding reception.
    Posted by ndawson27[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    If you have some room in your budget, Google "Football Flower Arrangements" and "Football Centerpieces". There are some awesome ideas, but they could be expensive!
  • Options
    Have you ever thought about black and purple ostrich feather centerpieces? maybe black table linens and chair covers, purple chair sashes and overlays or runners. and gold charger plates? something classy but that will feature your colors. Nice purple uplighting. Or maybe even gold and purple alternating uplightng. Then for your favors, it could be something directly reflecting the ravens football team

PM me if you would like vendors for the linens, uplighting and centerpieces
    Thanks and best of luck!
  • Options
    I just blogged about football weddings. There's a fun Ravens cake in my post you should check out. Plus, I have more advice on pre-wedding life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards