Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What needs a song?

Ok, I'm trying to make a list of all aspects of my recpetion that need a song.

Bridal party entrance (got it)
Bride and groom entrance (got it)
first dance (got it)
father daughter dance (got it)
mother son dance
bridal party dance
cake cutting
garter toss
anniversary dance

I am not tossing a bouquet.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What needs a song?

• I think that covers it, but can I advocate for skipping the garter toss and bridal party dance? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you aren't tossing a bouquet, it doesn't really seem necessary to toss a garter.  Unless your FI is dead set on it, I would skip it.

Also a dedicated bridal party dance is unnecessary.  If you like you can have the DJ invite the BP to join you at some point during your first dance, which helps encourage everyone to get up and dance.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• FI is dead set on the garter toss. Believe me ladies, I tried!

I brought up not having a bridal party dance, and that was also met with pretty mixed reactions, so I'll probably keep it.

Thanks, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_what-needs-a-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:5a8fe2b7-c674-45c9-b459-2b0ed0f0cde0Post:3ef09394-0bc3-4a66-bf5d-286618a05560">Re: What needs a song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI is dead set on the garter toss. Believe me ladies, I tried! <strong>I brought up not having a bridal party dance, and that was also met with pretty mixed reactions,</strong> so I'll probably keep it. Thanks, ladies!
    Posted by lnm130[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you ask the opinions of the bridal party? I hope so. I do not dance, so if I were in a WP and forced to do this, I would be miserable. </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards